blogs.smh.com.au: HP's amazing 2133 Mini-Note is let down by a mediocre processor, but could SuSE Linux turn it into the ultimate travelling companion?
opensuse.org: How important is documentation to you and people around you? Certainly it is a lot! Then good news because openSUSE has a team focused on manuals for the SUSE Linux/openSUSE distribution. Today’s we have the opportunity to salute openSUSE Documentation Team member Tanja Roth!
iandefor.wordpress: Since I found Windows XP so distasteful, I thought I’d give the fresh OpenSUSE 11.0 with KDE4 a try in its stead. My first impressions thus far are alright.
ruminationsonthedigitalrealm.org: OpenSUSE 11.0 is another major Linux spring release. This new release will become the basis for the commercial offering SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, which Novell will bring to market in 2009. The first buzz on the net about OpenSUSE 11.0 is clouded by negative feelings about Novell’s involvement.
lizards.opensuse.org: So I’m still running openSUSE 10.3 as my main desktop, and will be until next week when the pre-ordered boxed editions are supposed to ship. By then I’ll be able to do a full review of what I think about openSUSE 11.0, but I did download and install the GNOME Live CD yesterday, and so I wanted to just talk about a few points, good and bad.
Also: OpenSuse 11 - First Impressions
linux.com: openSUSE 11.0 was one of the most anticipated Linux distro releases of 2008. Despite a few bugs in the final code, which was released yesterday, it was worth the wait. The openSUSE version of KDE 4 alone is worth the download, and the improvements to the software manager make customizing a pleasure.
- First look: OpenSUSE 11 out, offers best KDE 4 experience
- openSUSE 11.0 First Impressions
- The first 24-hours with openSUSE 11 (KDE 4)
- Install openSUSE without burning CDs
- OpenSUSE 11.0 Integrates Compiz into Linux Desktop
- Main-Menu Changes For OpenSuse 11.1
blogbeebe.blogspot: Downloaded, via BitTorrent (Azureus), openSUSE 11.0 Gnome LiveCD ISO. Burned the disk and booted europa with it. Took a look around, and in about five minutes came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to re-install SUSE back onto europa after all.
- Interview: openSUSE's Product Manager On Today's Release of openSUSE 11.0
- A Quick Look at the Latest openSUSE Offering
- Giveaway: OpenSUSE 11.0 box set with all the trimmings
- Review: Novell OpenSUSE 11 Is For Power Users
- What's new in openSUSE 11.0
- OpenSUSE 11.0 proves chameleons can take on Herons any day
- Installing openSUSE 11.0 - From GNOME or KDE Live CD
- openSUSE 11 the perfect Ubuntu replacement (openSUSE vs Ubuntu)
- Novell Joins Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program