ostatic.com: Slackware Linux turned 20 years old yesterday and no one gave them a party. Even I, who commonly remembered the illustrious distribution's birthdays in my now former column, had to be reminded by LWN. Well, that won't do.
kikinovak.net: This summer, the Slackware Linux distribution will celebrate its twentieth anniversary. Here's a list of ten reasons why Slackware is still the perfect choice.
ostatic.com: Slackware's Slackpkg has long had a design flaw that could result in inoperative applications or systems. But Patrick Volkerding recently addressed the issue with a simple but significant change.
- Will there ever be a perfect operating system?
- Running Slackware-Current
- OpenSuSE 12.3 – the Cheater
- elementary OS 0.2 review - Uphill
- Review: Fuduntu 2013.2
- North by (Linux Fest) Northwest
- Fedora 19 Alpha Version Arrives
- This week in rawhide 2013-04-23 edition
- Mandriva Business Server gets updates
- Lightweight openSUSE: LXDE Desktop From Scratch
- Fedora 19 Sneak Peek
- ROSA ABF 2.0
- Release date for Wheezy announced
- Manjaro: A Convenient Way To Play With Arch
ostatic.com: I've gotten a bit behind the last few days and here are a few items I wanted to report about. Patrick Volkerding says Slackware Current is too current. Will Stephenson is developing a lighter KDE desktop. And Sabayon has implemented systemd.
mylinuxexplore.blogspot: I tried using Slackware, 5 years back, when my Linux experience was still at infancy. I remember looking for a Linux distro to install and downloaded Slackware - but had a nightmare installing it and making it work! Slackel 14 - does it make using and installing Slackware easier?
ostatic.com: Zenwalk Linux 7.2 was released today with "many optimizations at different levels." Zenwalk is based on Slackware Linux, but aims to be faster, easier, and smaller.
- Eric Hameleers: Slackware 14 released
- Multilib packages for Slackware 14
- Indonesian Mirror for Slack 14
ostatic.com: Slackware 14.0 is has been released. A post on slackware.com said, "the long wait is finally over and a new stable release of Slackware has arrived!" The official announcement said, "We are sure you'll enjoy the many improvements."
engadget.com: Maybe you're new to Linux, or maybe you're itching to graduate from Ubuntu to something with a little more geek cred. Whatever the case, we're going to take the sting out of all those command prompts, using two great distros as examples.