makeuseof.com: Like most other Linux applications, there’s more than one that does the job, and the top two that offer the complete package are Compiz and KWin. While both of these solutions have their specific areas, we can still compare the objectively to see which one is more customizeable and functional.
ostatic.com: A new media center for KDE 5 / Plasma 2 has been in the works for a while and today Sinny Kumari posted some tangible details. With the release of a new beta, users can try it out too. Plasma Media Center 1.1 Beta introduces several cool new features besides a ton of bug fixes.
martin-graesslin.com: I just sent this to a KDE mailing list. And it’s true. The KDE Community’s software is:
- Switching the Plasma shells
- GNOME Terminal 3.10 Beta 1 Enables Nautilus Extension by Default
- KDE Task Manager Gets a Lot of Attention for 4.11
- GNOME Settings Daemon 3.8.4 Is Now Available for Download
- Thirteen Years of GUADEC
- KStars GSoC: OpenCL and a first performance report
- GNOME Alone – The Free Software Column
- What a life…
- In Conversation with Phillip Koops
- Have Fun with Splash Screens in KDE
- Amarok GSoC Weeks 4 and 5
- Graesslin: I'm porting KWin to Frameworks 5, Wayland backburnered
- Akademy 2013: Report with blackjack
- Akademy 2013 - Well Done
- Amarok MTP (Android) GSoC: week 5
- Another Akademy impressions
- Krita Webshop: New Designs
muktware.com: Aaron Seigo, a KDE developer, says that the ambitious KDE tablet Vivaldi are shipping to the team for quality testing.
vizzzion.org: One of the things that we have been discussing at length in the past few months is the graphics stack in Kubuntu, and how we’re working towards having Plasma Workspaces 2 running on top of Kubuntu-next and Kubuntu-next-next(-next). In this article, I will explain the strategy we have laid out for a smooth transition.
blogs.kde.org: The other day I went to buy a DDR stick but the shop was closed so the only solution was to sit down and fix some memory hungry applications.
kde.org: Today KDE released the first release candidate of the new versions of Workspaces, Applications, and Development Platform.