muktware.com: KlyDE, a light weight KDE experience was announced recently, there is a lot to know about this new project. We reached out to Jos Poortvliet, openSUSE community manager and one of the core team members of the KlyDE project to understand more about this project.
ostatic.com: KDE's Martin Grasslin blogged today that despite what the rest of the industry/community does, KDE's future will be on Wayland.
- Gnome 3.8 Complete Desktop Review
- Gnome 3.8 Takes a Step Backwards with Classic Mode
- Semantic Desktop: Akonadi and Nepomuk
ostatic.com: I've gotten a bit behind the last few days and here are a few items I wanted to report about. Patrick Volkerding says Slackware Current is too current. Will Stephenson is developing a lighter KDE desktop. And Sabayon has implemented systemd.
martin-graesslin.com: Over the last few days I was wondering what is a “lightweight” desktop. And I must say I couldn’t come up with an answer to that question.
- OMG! I’m Using One Hog Of A Window Manager!
- hackweek9: Lightweight KDE Desktop project - updated
- A Memory Comparison of Light Linux Desktops – Part 2, Part 1
- Exploring KDE 4.10
- GNOME 3.8 in a Nutshell [Video]
- A look at GNOME 3.8
- The apps of KDE 4.10 Part I: Rekonq
- The apps of KDE 4.10 Part II: Kontact
- The Luminosity of Free Software, episode 10
- GNOME 3.8.0 for openSUSE 12.3, Get it!
datamation.com: Should you use KDE or GNOME on your Linux desktop? Here's how today's Big Four compare from where I sit. I have awarded points for ranking in each category, with the lowest score being the best:
- KDE 4.10 Applications Get Major Overhaul
- Gnome 3.8 Applications
- Gnome 3.8 Core Utilities
- Think You Saw Unity In Last Night’s Doctor Who?
- Hawaii Desktop Is Now Usable On Wayland/Weston
- GNOME 3.8 Released - See What's New
- KDE Plasma Desktop 4.10 Latest Features