netrunner-mag.com: In a galaxy far far away, long before there was Android en masse, long before touch was popular, I mean retro-popular, because we have been using the touch technology for at least two million years, long before there was any modern, simplistic interface for smartphones and tablets, there was KDE.
- Plasma Worskpaces 2 On Wayland, A Converged Shell
- The apps of KDE 4.10 Part IV: Amarok
- KDE is the most welcoming and warm community
- Good bye Notifications
- Dear KDE Community!
- Luminosity of Free Software, Episode 11
h-online.com: The road to Plasma Workspaces 2 has been laid out as the Plasma developers recently met in Nuremberg, Germany, to discuss their open issues around future developments.
muktware.com: KlyDE, a light weight KDE experience was announced recently, there is a lot to know about this new project. We reached out to Jos Poortvliet, openSUSE community manager and one of the core team members of the KlyDE project to understand more about this project.
ostatic.com: KDE's Martin Grasslin blogged today that despite what the rest of the industry/community does, KDE's future will be on Wayland.
- Gnome 3.8 Complete Desktop Review
- Gnome 3.8 Takes a Step Backwards with Classic Mode
- Semantic Desktop: Akonadi and Nepomuk
ostatic.com: I've gotten a bit behind the last few days and here are a few items I wanted to report about. Patrick Volkerding says Slackware Current is too current. Will Stephenson is developing a lighter KDE desktop. And Sabayon has implemented systemd.
martin-graesslin.com: Over the last few days I was wondering what is a “lightweight” desktop. And I must say I couldn’t come up with an answer to that question.
- OMG! I’m Using One Hog Of A Window Manager!
- hackweek9: Lightweight KDE Desktop project - updated
- A Memory Comparison of Light Linux Desktops – Part 2, Part 1
- Exploring KDE 4.10
- GNOME 3.8 in a Nutshell [Video]
- A look at GNOME 3.8
- The apps of KDE 4.10 Part I: Rekonq
- The apps of KDE 4.10 Part II: Kontact
- The Luminosity of Free Software, episode 10
- GNOME 3.8.0 for openSUSE 12.3, Get it!