Although some of this stuff is old, here are some funny easter eggs I bumped into over time.
Fire up a terminal and type the following, one command at a time:
junauza.com: We all know that Emacs stands for "Editor MACroS", but several creative people have given the feature-rich text editor some innovative and rather funny definitions. --Here are a few.
- The Wallbuntu Linux Distribution
- TomTom Buys Microsoft
- TurnKey Linux to relaunch as TurnKey Windows
- Open Source Casino To Fund Open Source Development
- Mythbuntu CableCARD Support
- Microsoft: “Windows 7 To Be 100% Open-Source”
- Twitter switch for Guardian, after 188 years of ink
- 10 best Google April Fool's jokes
- Flying hotels, 3D browsing, fake mergers, and more
- Ballmer makes it official - M$ re-enters corporate crime market
- Unlock Ubuntu’s Little April Fools Joke
- Reg Hardware's April Fool's Day round-up
archlinux.org: Recently the developers have been discussing the possibility of adding some additional optimizations to our i686 port to improve multimedia support. This would involve reducing the compatibility with older systems.
blogs.zdnet.com: Microsoft announced this morning it has signed an historic agreement with the Linux Foundation guaranteeing compatibility between Windows and Linux going forward.
daniweb.com: IBM CEO, Samuel Palmisano, announced at 12:01 am EDT that IBM has completed the purchase of Linux kernel creator Linus Torvalds for $4.6 Billion in cash and stock.
google.com: For several years now a small research group has been working on some challenging problems in the areas of neural networking, natural language and autonomous problem-solving. Last fall this group achieved a significant breakthrough. Research group switches on world's first "artificial intelligence" tasked-array system.
tuxradar.com: Mark Shuttleworth, the Benevolent Dictator for Life of the popular Ubuntu Linux distro, has announced his plans to rewrite all of Gnome, X11 and the Linux kernel using the Mono platform.