The Globus Consortium -- a Grid computing industry group driven by Cisco,
HP, IBM, Intel, Nortel, Sun and Univa -- today released the June issue of
the Globus Consortium Journal (www.globusconsortium.org/journal ). This
month, the newsletter focuses on the network-specific requirements and
directions being ushered in by enterprise Grid computing.
* Nortel's Franco Travostino shares info about some fascinating
breakthroughs his team has made with Xen hypervisors and virtualized network
* Two of Univa's brightest and most experienced networking veterans --
Richard Wellner and Scott Koranda -- answer some specific questions about
network considerations for Grid.
* Leading networking industry analyst Andreas Antonopoulos from Nemertes
Research explains how Grid relates to other emerging technologies
enterprises are evaluating to make their datacenters shine.
* A sneak preview of the widely-anticipated enterprise Grid book hitting the
shelves in 2006: Grid Networks, Enabling Grids With Advanced Communication
* "Grid and the Future of the Network Machine" -- Revisiting one of the most
memorable panels at GlobusWorld 2005 (moderated by Network World editor in
chief, John Dix).
Visit: www.globusconsortium.org/journal