There has been some urging for beta testers to try out “btrfs”. So I did. I tried it on one of my 13.1Beta1 installs. I would have tried it on two installs, except that the UEFI install had already given problems before I got to that point.
The request for beta testers was that this was the way to find any problematic bugs, and also the way to build a community of users who can advise others when they try.
My test of btrfs
For my testing, I used “btrfs” for the root file system of a 13.1B1 install. I left the “home” partition as “ext4″, because I did not want to backup, format and restore that.
rest here