As we’ve previously announced, SourceForge.net has been the target of a directed attack. We have completed the first round of analysis, and have a much more solid picture of what happened, the extent of the impact, our plan to reduce future risk of attack. We’re still working hard on fixing things, but we wanted to share what we know with the community.
We discovered the attack on Wednesday, and have been working hard to get things back in order since then. While several boxes were compromised we believe we caught things before the attack escalated beyond its first stages.
Our early assessment of which services and hosts were impacted, and the choice to disable CVS, ishell, file uploads, and project web updates appears to have prevented any further escalation of the attack or any data corruption activities.
rest here