I upgraded the Drupal software to the latest and greatest last night. All went well except one (or two) little niggle(s). The Subscriptions table upgrade failed with what it thought were irrecoverable errors, but they didn't seem that major to me. The Subscriptions module still seems to be working, but I'm not 100% sure.
The only way around the errors:
1. I'm gonna take a look and see if I can fix them manually, but we might lose data and folks might lose their subscriptions.
2. Delete the Subscriptions table and let it make a new one, but folks will lose their subscriptions.
I hate to have to have folks resubscribe. I imagine there are folks who probably never visit until they get a notification of a topic of interest and if they never get another notice, they may never return. Of the folks this doesn't apply, it's still a hassle. This happened one upgrade before.
But we are now using 6.14. I usually have to lag far behind the rest of the crowd in updating because I wait until most of modules have been ported. And this usually occurs a few months before the next major version release.
I had issues with the old theme. I started from the default Bluemarine theme like before, but I just couldn't nudge some of the elements exactly where I wanted them and some little behaviors wouldn't be customized. I've enabled the old theme as it is as a choice that can be chosen from your account settings. The little niggles that I didn't like were very minor, but enough I didn't want to use it as default anymore.
We needed a new look big time anyway. So, this mostly white theme worked out really well. I was able to fix about everything that I wanted and get just about like I want it. I'm fairly sure I'll be sticking with it for a while.
But there are a couple of choices in your account settings. I may add a few more as time allows. If you used one before that is now missing, let me know and I'll see if there's a 6.x port for it.
Let me know if there are any other issues I haven't noticed. And let me know if your subscriptions are or are not working anymore. If they're broke anyway, might as well delete the table and start over.
Edit: appears smileys are having issues. I'll get to that today sometime.
UPDATE: Smileys fixed!