- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||today's leftovers:||srlinuxx||22/04/2013 - 2:44am|
|Story||Manjaro 0.8.5 KDE Review: With KDE 4.10.2||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 9:52pm|
|Story||The Linux Setup - Katherine Noyes, Journalist||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 9:43pm|
|Story||Windows 8 vs Mac OS X vs Ubuntu Linux vs Chrome OS||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 9:39pm|
|Story||Installing Apache2 With PHP5 And MySQL Support On OpenSUSE 12.3 (LAMP)||falko||21/04/2013 - 9:36am|
|Story||today's leftovers:||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 6:04am|
|Story||Fuduntu 2013.2, Simple, Effective, fast and now with Steam||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 12:34am|
|Story||Elive 2.1.37 Sneak Peek||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 12:28am|
|Story||Best Screen Capture Tools for Ubuntu||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 12:26am|
|Story||Real-World Raspberry Pi||srlinuxx||21/04/2013 - 12:24am|
my10sen.com: Ubuntu has been main player in Linux distro for a couple of years, and yet some might found it to be a little bit slow in a few aspects. Here i try to show some of guides that might give a boost to your Ubuntu systems. These tweaks will make your system faster and more responsive.
junauza.blogspot: CentOS is a Linux distribution based on the ever reliable Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). The name stands for Community ENTerprise Operating System and is not related to a coin. The main purpose of CentOS is rebuilding the commercial RHEL and makes it available to those who want the reliability of an enterprise class operating system minus the cost.
zdnet blogs: Skype 1.4 for Linux is officially out of Beta, and is available for download. The two big WNITVs (What’s New In This Version) are call forwarding, and a “Birthday Alert” service that notifies you when anyone in your Contact list has a birthday.
linuxworld: Doc Searls makes some good points about blog ranking. It's so bogus, but it's so much fun people can't stop doing it. So here is the Official Linux Blog Top 40 List, divided into A, B, C, and D lists for your status-seeking convenience.
softpedia: Mozilla Corp., Arm Ltd, MontaVista Software Inc. and four other companies are trying to extend the market for a new category of devices, a combination between a smartphone and a laptop.
- Software Freedom Day
- Kopete for KDE 4.0; Skype 1.4.0 final released
- Low disk space
- Linux group calls Microsoft's bluff
- The Four Freedoms Applied to Software as a Service
- ODF and OOXML: Something New to Ponder
- A TortoiseSVN replacement for Ubuntu
- NFS Client Updates for 2.6.24
- If I needed one more reason to dismiss Debian...
- Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1
- David Pogue on the OLPC
- NetworkManager 0.7 feature list
- Will open source desktops succumb to bloat?
- MyFive: Making Firefox Better
- Optimized pow() approximation for Java and C / C++
Linux Today: I have been using Linux for about 12 years now and a few weeks ago I discovered PCLinuxOS 2007. Being so impressed with this new, fast, and super easy to use Linux distribution, has made me not only an advocate but an evangelist.
polishlinux: System and enviromental variables define parts of the system behavior so it’s worth knowing what they are, what they influence and how to adjust them to your needs. This is the last part of the “console basics” series.
the register (open season): I'd like to live in a tub of cream cheese icing. Sadly, that's not an option for me. It is, however, an option for Canonical/Ubuntu head Mark Shuttleworth. The open source advocate has plenty of cash - enough cash to build a breathing apparatus and waste removal system for a man-sized icing pool.
- ReviewLinux.Com: First Look openSUSE 10.3 i386 DVD
- Novell boosts desktop Linux
- Novell Gives openSUSE the (Faster) Boot
- New Feature List for OpenSUSE 10.3
- Stay Away from OpenSUSE 10.3
- OpenSUSE 10.3 Launch Party Locations
- OpenSUSE Linux 10.3 Review
- OpenSUSE 10.3 opens for business
- And Novell Fires the First Shot
- Swedish police saves 400 cars by using MySQL
- Hardware4linux : more than 1500 systems reported and ranked
- LATU Uruguay Buying 100,000 OLPC XO's Over Classmate PC!!
- check weather conditions and forecasts on the command line
- How to automatically sign in to Ubuntu
- Using a MySQL Performance Tuning Analyzer Script
- What package is that file in ?
- Handy script protects Linux against traffic spikes
- Use ssh on multiple servers at one time
- Installing Audacity MP3 export support on Linux
- Adjust the Transparency of Window Decorations with Compiz
- Digitizing records and tapes with Audacity
- Compiz-Fusion On Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbin”
linux.com: Last month, just one week after IBM announced it would help with OpenOffice.org's development, the company released Lotus Symphony, an office suite based on OpenOffice.org code. I found a lot of slick features in Lotus Symphony, but I worry that Symphony could affect the OpenOffice.org community adversely.
foogazi.com: Lets face it, there are some parents that insist on using certain applications that are strictly made for Windows and just do not function properly in Wine. Some parents do not want alternatives to Windows applications.
ubuntu-tutorials: My initial impressions are that KDE is very clean looking. The display is very crisp on my machine and its easy to navigate. It appears to have most of the applications I need out of the box.
omat.nl: I first tried KUbuntu Gutsy, but that halted on 'installing language pack' in the gui-installer. I tried to resolve that, but did not succeed in it. I installed MEPIS. The current stable 6.5 is based on ubuntu Dapper, which is kind of old. But that evening Helio pointed me to Mandriva.
penguin pete: It has always bothered me that this site and my experiences stay inside of Linux so much, when the whole site is about "free and open source software". I've only dabbled in non-Linux FOSS with live CDs and such, but I'm ready to install a real BSD and stick with it for awhile.
phoronix: There's still a month until the final release of Fedora 8, but Fedora 8 Test 3 is now available, which has a wealth of a new features. Among these new features is an Online Desktop powered via BigBoard, KDE 3.5.7 can be found on the KDE Live images, improved Live installations, and improved yum performance for package management.
Also: What New in Fedora 8
And: Mmm... Fedora 8 Test 3...
www.hexus.net: Once upon a time, people lived in caves and hunted animals with spears. Then, they recorded things from the TV onto small black cartridges filled with magnetic tape. As is tradition these days, as soon as people develop an interesting hardware device, people start work on a software-based solution to accomplish similar features on more conventional hardware - in this case, the VDR project began in February 2000 as an attempt to bring DVR functionality to a conventional GNU/Linux PC.