- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Snowlinux 4 Glacier - The winter is coming||srlinuxx||11/04/2013 - 6:32pm|
|Story||Fedora 19: Chasing the perfect GNOME distro||srlinuxx||11/04/2013 - 6:30pm|
|Story||Ubuntu 13.04: What's New, What's Not||srlinuxx||11/04/2013 - 2:38am|
|Story||Need a Great Archive Utility? Give PeaZip a Chance||srlinuxx||11/04/2013 - 2:36am|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||09/04/2013 - 5:44pm|
|Story||Ubuntu File Sharing||matthartley||08/04/2013 - 9:47pm|
|Story||DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 502||srlinuxx||08/04/2013 - 8:25pm|
|Story||Mozilla pulls tracking trigger for Firefox 22||srlinuxx||08/04/2013 - 8:20pm|
|Story||Linux fatware? These distros need to slim down||srlinuxx||08/04/2013 - 8:14pm|
|Story||Getting the masses on-side: openSUSE's community manager speaks||srlinuxx||08/04/2013 - 8:09pm|
matt asay: Jim Parkinson of Sun has been listening to critiques of OpenOffice's governance policies and responds with a post that suggests that Sun plans to address the problems. Specifically, Sun will be using the Sun Contributor Agreement (SCA) for code contributed to OpenOffice.
whatwouldjesusdownload: Unfortunately the Ubuntu CE Wikipedia entry has been removed. The entry is now redirected to a list of Ubuntu based derivatives which, ironically, all still have their own pages on Wikipedia.
opensuse news: Yesterday we released openSUSE 10.3, and we are pretty impressed what happened. Some rough numbers:
vnunet.com: Industry experts have identified cultural, as well as technical, factors affecting the take up of open source software in the UK. Many countries in the European Union are showing enthusiastic support for open source, while support in the US is less strong.
beranger: I happened to read Is CentOS 5.0 Worth Every Penny? and this made me even grumpier. How smart have you to be to try a LiveCD under VMWare? Why is it live if not for being able to test it "for real", with direct contact with your real hardware?
opensuse news: As part of a Novell Open Audio series on openSUSE, they will be interviewing various openSUSE developers to find out more about the project, particular involvements and new technologies in the distribution.
Also: OpenSUSE beats Ubuntu to the punch
And: Novell targets Ubuntu, Fedora with OpenSuse 10.3
ruminations: Thirty days with PC-BSD. One month that flew by. In this month I tried to work with PC-BSD every day, sometimes from a more novice viewpoint, sometimes by pushing the limits from the perspective of the more daring user. But, overall, I did what I would normally do on a Linux desktop or at work on a Windows desktop, which -for me- indicates I can make a decent judgment about PC-BSD as a day to day desktop.
my10sen.com: Ubuntu has been main player in Linux distro for a couple of years, and yet some might found it to be a little bit slow in a few aspects. Here i try to show some of guides that might give a boost to your Ubuntu systems. These tweaks will make your system faster and more responsive.
junauza.blogspot: CentOS is a Linux distribution based on the ever reliable Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). The name stands for Community ENTerprise Operating System and is not related to a coin. The main purpose of CentOS is rebuilding the commercial RHEL and makes it available to those who want the reliability of an enterprise class operating system minus the cost.
zdnet blogs: Skype 1.4 for Linux is officially out of Beta, and is available for download. The two big WNITVs (What’s New In This Version) are call forwarding, and a “Birthday Alert” service that notifies you when anyone in your Contact list has a birthday.
linuxworld: Doc Searls makes some good points about blog ranking. It's so bogus, but it's so much fun people can't stop doing it. So here is the Official Linux Blog Top 40 List, divided into A, B, C, and D lists for your status-seeking convenience.
softpedia: Mozilla Corp., Arm Ltd, MontaVista Software Inc. and four other companies are trying to extend the market for a new category of devices, a combination between a smartphone and a laptop.
- Software Freedom Day
- Kopete for KDE 4.0; Skype 1.4.0 final released
- Low disk space
- Linux group calls Microsoft's bluff
- The Four Freedoms Applied to Software as a Service
- ODF and OOXML: Something New to Ponder
- A TortoiseSVN replacement for Ubuntu
- NFS Client Updates for 2.6.24
- If I needed one more reason to dismiss Debian...
- Open Source for Business: Now More Than Ever, Part 1
- David Pogue on the OLPC
- NetworkManager 0.7 feature list
- Will open source desktops succumb to bloat?
- MyFive: Making Firefox Better
- Optimized pow() approximation for Java and C / C++
Linux Today: I have been using Linux for about 12 years now and a few weeks ago I discovered PCLinuxOS 2007. Being so impressed with this new, fast, and super easy to use Linux distribution, has made me not only an advocate but an evangelist.
polishlinux: System and enviromental variables define parts of the system behavior so it’s worth knowing what they are, what they influence and how to adjust them to your needs. This is the last part of the “console basics” series.
the register (open season): I'd like to live in a tub of cream cheese icing. Sadly, that's not an option for me. It is, however, an option for Canonical/Ubuntu head Mark Shuttleworth. The open source advocate has plenty of cash - enough cash to build a breathing apparatus and waste removal system for a man-sized icing pool.
- ReviewLinux.Com: First Look openSUSE 10.3 i386 DVD
- Novell boosts desktop Linux
- Novell Gives openSUSE the (Faster) Boot
- New Feature List for OpenSUSE 10.3
- Stay Away from OpenSUSE 10.3
- OpenSUSE 10.3 Launch Party Locations
- OpenSUSE Linux 10.3 Review
- OpenSUSE 10.3 opens for business
- And Novell Fires the First Shot
- Swedish police saves 400 cars by using MySQL
- Hardware4linux : more than 1500 systems reported and ranked
- LATU Uruguay Buying 100,000 OLPC XO's Over Classmate PC!!
- check weather conditions and forecasts on the command line
- How to automatically sign in to Ubuntu
- Using a MySQL Performance Tuning Analyzer Script
- What package is that file in ?
- Handy script protects Linux against traffic spikes
- Use ssh on multiple servers at one time
- Installing Audacity MP3 export support on Linux
- Adjust the Transparency of Window Decorations with Compiz
- Digitizing records and tapes with Audacity
- Compiz-Fusion On Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbin”