- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Hands-on with Mozilla’s Web-based “Firefox OS” for smartphones||srlinuxx||27/03/2013 - 8:14pm|
|Story||LibreOffice adoption soaring, but OpenOffice still open source king||srlinuxx||27/03/2013 - 8:12pm|
|Story||Beware of Windows Blue||srlinuxx||27/03/2013 - 3:13am|
|Story||Adventures in Wayland||srlinuxx||27/03/2013 - 3:10am|
|Story||Unity In Use By Norwegian Military||srlinuxx||27/03/2013 - 3:08am|
|Story||Red Hat shares fall after analyst downgrade||srlinuxx||1||26/03/2013 - 8:09pm|
|Story||Fragmentation is not killing Linux||srlinuxx||26/03/2013 - 7:54pm|
|Story||A Look at Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition||srlinuxx||26/03/2013 - 7:52pm|
|Story||The Incremental GNOME 3.8: Doing What the Project Does Best||srlinuxx||26/03/2013 - 7:40pm|
|Story||What is the openSUSE 12.3 Rescue CD?||srlinuxx||26/03/2013 - 7:38pm|
Utorrent has been indisputably the best Bit-Torrent client for Windows due to it's light-weight resource friendly interface and simple usability almost since the 1.5.0 release, or perhaps since even much before. When it comes to linux, selecting the "best" Bit-Torrent client has always been a n-sided affair.
PR: Independent game developer S2 Games today announced the release of the highly anticipated Linux client for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul. Linux gamers can download the client and sign-up for a FREE account at www.s2games.com.
Also: CrossOver Games For Linux Released
reddevil62-techhead.blogspot: As a branch of the popular Puppy Linux distribution, it’s targeted squarely at teenage users. TEENpup 2008 contains the largest collection of multimedia and internet-related programs I’ve ever seen on one (half-full) CD.
Ah, spring... when a young penguin's fancy lightly turns to thoughts
of... Beta testing! Yes, spring has sprung, and so has the Beta release
of Fedora 9!
junauza.com: A computer program used to collect, visualize, and publish genealogical data is called a Genealogy (the study and tracing of families) software. At a minimum, genealogy software collects the date and place of an individual's birth, marriage, and death, and stores the relationships of individuals to their parents, spouses, and children.
linuxinsider.com: The Linux operating system is not immune to virus infections, although Linux-specific viruses are extremely rare. Linux servers face more risk of virus attack than Linux desktops.
news.zdnet.co.uk: A European standards expert has defended the move to fast-track the International Organization for Standardization approval process for Microsoft's Office Open XML document standard, dismissing criticisms that the decision to do so is flawed and unfair.
computershopper.com: Shuttle is best known for selling barebones and complete PC systems in compact packages. With its newest offering, the KPC ("Korporate PC"), something else is small: the price. A fully working PC can be yours for a remarkable $209.
Also: Shuttle KPC K45: £180 Linux desktop
rm-jones.com: In my last post, March 23, 2008, I asked the question “Linux - Is it really for me?”. Now I have the answer to that question. It is a very firm “YES”. After getting used to it, I really like Linux.
cnet.com: Perhaps the greatest single productivity-boosting feature in Linux is the ability to open several virtual desktops at one time. This allows you to create separate work environments for various simultaneous tasks. The multiple desktops let you focus on the task at hand without interruption, but switch to your other active workspace with a single click.
- Syncing a Bluetooth phone with a Linux box
- Manage MySQL remotely with phpMyAdmin
- Using pam-mount to create a sandboxed home directory
- Building GCC Cross-Compilers on Ubuntu Linux
- Image Magick Banner Generator - part 5
biguncledave.wordpress: After more than 15 years of Linux development, the last couple of years have seen an explosive spectrum of progress in conquering the desktop. It is as if the world is suddenly waking up and discovering Linux. Lately a whole rash of distros have been coming out of the woodwork, building on the previous progress. Here’s my picks for the distros showing the greatest potential.
This guide explains how to set up software RAID1 on an already running LVM system (Debian Etch). The GRUB bootloader will be configured in such a way that the system will still be able to boot if one of the hard drives fails (no matter which one).
- More OOXML BRM Messiness: A Delegate from Brazil Challenges "Law of Silence"
- Best Way To Create Your Own Ubuntu
- Hidden Linux : Doing the splits
- Google exec lets slip Android release date?
- Presens IT conducts Open Source Survey with Red Hat
- I found my perfect KDE4 Setup!
- Kernel as hypervisor: Andrea Arcangeli
- Linux 126.96.36.199
- Exploring Etoys on the OLPC XO
- Paul Murphy: Security - lintel vs wintel
- Exposing a closed Congress to Open Source: Change Congress
- AMD's "Mystery" Digital Block Supported
- ATI "r500-fp" DRM Merged To Master
- Microsoft's real open-source nightmare
- How to check the exit status code
- Gnome Needs Plenty of Improvements, but ...
redhatmagazine.com: You may have read our background article about ODF and OOXML and why Red Hat believes OOXML should not be approved as an ISO standard. This time, we focus on how the standardization process has been compromised at ISO.
techsmartly.com/blog: I’ve always wanted to try Linux, but it was always impractical, since I had some stuff installed that I needed, and it would take ages to get everything working smoothly on Linux. But now, with a fresh reinstall, why not install Linux as well?
- Ubuntu Misconceptions
- It’s The Little Things…
- 5 Must have Apps for Ubuntu
- Ubuntu UK Podcast Second Episode
blogs.the451group: The GNU Affero GPL, released in November 2007 and approved by the OSI this month, is being viewed as both closure of a GPL loophole and as a tool to truly transfer the collaborative and community benefits of GPL to the software-as-a-service model.
desktoplinux: Firefox 3 may still be a beta, Beta 4 to be exact, but in a recent Reuters news story, Mozilla Vice President of Engineering Mike Schroepfer said of the browser, "In many ways it is much more stable than anything else out there." OK, so Reuters jumped the gun. Still, how ready is Firefox 3 for everyday use? I decided to find out.
- PIC Programming with Linux #3: installing the needed software
- Make the Windows Key Open the Gnome Panel Menu
- File System Checking with fsck
- gcore: Obtain core dump of current running application
- Easily Install Prism Web Apps in Ubuntu 8.04
- gcipher - A simple “encryption” tool
- Find out what ports are open on Linux
- KWordQuiz: An amazingly useful flash card tool
- Inserting more than one row at a time in OpenOffice.org Calc
- Undeleting photos on (gentoo) linux/windows/mac
- I like Brasero
- Music applet