- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Randa: Moving KDE Forward||Rianne Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 1:05pm|
|Story||WRITE YOUR FIRST LINUX KERNEL MODULE||Rianne Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 12:47pm|
|Story||wattOS R8 review – Debian greenie||Rianne Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 10:41am|
|Story||When digital marketing meets open source||Roy Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 10:16am|
|Story||Leadwerks partners with Ubuntu for Linux games development||Roy Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 10:14am|
|Story||Cinnamon PPA will no longer be maintained for Ubuntu users||Roy Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 7:44am|
|Story||How Handy HandyLinux Is?||Roy Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 7:37am|
|Story||After Debian Jessie Gets Stable, Kwheezy Will Change Its Name To Kebian||Roy Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 7:35am|
|Story||Is the Linux Community Ungrateful for The Witcher 2 Port?||Rianne Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 7:24am|
|Story||LynuxWorks reverts to its LynxOS roots, changes name||Rianne Schestowitz||27/05/2014 - 6:25am|
kdedevelopers.org: KDE 4.2 is approaching its first Beta release and it has been a while so here is a new KDE Four Live release with KDE 4.1.72 snapshot SUSE packages from the KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop repository.
scienceblogs.com: Your computer probably boots with grub, and in a grub configuration file, there is a "timeout" value that you can reduce. It is not recommended that you let it be less than 2, but if it is three or more, go ahead and change it.*
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to install Xen on a CentOS 5.2 system. Xen lets you create guest operating systems (*nix operating systems like Linux and FreeBSD), so called virtual machines or domUs, under a host operating system (dom0).
ujjwollamichhane.blogspot: Fedora 10 offers some nice new features, including the new Plymouth graphical boot system, a new version of Network Manager with improved support for 3G connectivity, better printing support, and lots of virtualization improvements.
techradar.com: The most recent official count of Linux distros put the number at 'one hell of a lot'.This is good because it gives us plenty of choice. Maybe it can feel as if there's a little too much choice at times.
newsday.com: Ever wonder how much money you could save on computing if you put your mind to it? PCs and Macs can be fabulously expensive if you want peak performance and bells and whistles. But a fairly modest investment is good enough for the basics of Internet and office applications.
- Dell Mini 9 - Review
- My students using the Asus Eee PC
- Apt-P2P: peer-to-peer downloading of Debian packages
- How I kicked the Mac habit - with Ubuntu
- Mandriva 2009 - Review
- Which Linux Superhero Are You?
- Crysis Wars Linux Server Released
- Ubuntu 8.10: In-Depth Look
- Unix And Linux Humor - Cult Satire
- How to open and close the CD DVD tray
- Ubuntu Linux: Watch and Play BBC & YouTube
- Aaron Seigo: What will be 4.2
- In Depth: Fedora 10 Preview
- CAOS Theory Podcast 2008.11.07
- Fix Unresponsive or Frozen Linux Computers using Shortcuts
- Ask Linux.com: Historical Linux, hardware for tomorrow
- Check Your Mysql Server Performance with MySQLTuner
- Stable kernel 126.96.36.199
- All Linux Distro’s Links/Online Guides/Forums
- SSH Password Tripwire
- USB-Creator: a great new tool in Ubuntu’s arsenal
- arrow keys not working with vmware
- Intel Pushes Out New GEM, KMS Patches
- Stupefying Linux and Unix Humor
- OpenSolaris 2008.11 on Ubuntu 8.10 using Sun xVM VirtualBox
nothingbutsoftware.com: Blender is a free 3D graphics application. It can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water simulations, skinning,animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications.
bushweed.blogspot: On my default KDE 4.1.x ( unstable ) install, mounting DVDs or CDs has never worked. Tonight i decided to find out why.
opensuse.org: Issue #45 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out. In this week’s issue: Lukas Ocilka: YaST-Mascot Contest-How to submit your ideas, openSUSE News: OpenOffice.org Fix for openSUSE 11.1 Beta 4, and openSUSE 11.1-Plasma-Desktop-Toolbox.
- Taking a Break with Ubuntu 8.1
- Ubuntu 8.10 does away with xorg.conf
- Ubuntu 8.10: Success
- Intrepid Ibex aka Ubuntu 8.10
- Using UNetbootin To Get Puppy On A Stick
- Secure Delete in nautilus menu ( gnome )
- New Amarok Scripted Services Tutorial
- 5 Things to Do Before Upgrade to Ubuntu Linux Intrepid
- Fedora Classroom sessions start today
- Installing broadcom wireless in ubuntu
- HOWTO: 96.43.09, graphics fully working in Ubuntu 8.10
- Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Tips
- Install Emerald 3D themes and make it active on Ubuntu
- Install and Run Ubuntu on VMWare Player
- Playing with (.exe) files in Ubuntu..
stormyscorner.com: The thing that's disappointing to me is that they all have their own Linux distribution. As a matter of fact, the Eee PC I talk about so much, comes with a custom version of Xandros. So why is this?
junauza.com: Linux just keeps popping up on many of the popular gadgets that are hogging the limelight nowadays. However, there are some that don't flaunt Linux around, like the Amazon Kindle. Not that they have to, but well, allow me to do it for them here anyway.
smspillaz.wordpress: So, I decided to put the last few days to good use, here is a summary of what I have done so far.
phoronix.com: We've checked out ATI's Radeon HD 4550 low-end graphics card already and found it to be a nice solution for Linux users on a budget, but how does NVIDIA's competitor contend? In this review we are looking at the NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT from Sparkle.
cpilive.net: Red Hat has announced the expansion of its international presence with the opening of an office in Dubai. The new office will provide support for its growing customer base in the Middle East and Africa and enable Red Hat to leverage experts with local knowledge to meet new business demands in the region.
linuxloop.com: An article published in iTWire titled “Opinion: why Linux sucks at being user friendly” has been drawing a lot of attention recently. I am going to start by responding to each of the author’s points and then pointing out what I think the overall problem is.