- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||First Look: Linux Mint 15 “Olivia”||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 10:02pm|
|Story||Linux Mint 15 review||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 7:00pm|
|Story||Has Ubuntu bitten off more than it can chew?||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 6:58pm|
|Story||Hands on with Mageia 3||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 6:56pm|
|Story||Is Canonical Ltd. Financially Insolvent?||srlinuxx||1||30/05/2013 - 3:51pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 3:36pm|
|Story||Use different widgets on each desktop on KDE||srlinuxx||30/05/2013 - 3:32am|
|Story||A Beginners' Guide to Installing Arch Linux||srlinuxx||29/05/2013 - 11:37pm|
|Story||Wayland they’d called it||srlinuxx||29/05/2013 - 11:35pm|
|Story||BeagleBone Black Review||srlinuxx||29/05/2013 - 11:33pm|
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: We had PCLinuxOS 2007 final sometime in May 2007. It’s almost an year and the developers say PCLinuxOS 2008 will come out before Christmas of this year, i.e., still 6-7 months to go! This uncertain delay has led many desktop users to try suitable alternatives.
opensuse.org: In order to optimize the YaST partitioner module for openSUSE users the user experience team decided to conduct a small survey to figure out how you deal with hard disk configuration. The survey contains some basic questions and its results will directly influence the redesign for the partitioner module.
internetnews.com: Open source has the adherents and the contributors, but what about the income? Patience, says the developers.
This tutorial shows how you can enable Compiz Fusion on an Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) desktop.
- How to Check MD5 Hash?
- convert uif files to iso files in linux
- Usage Of The Linux Left Bracket /usr/bin/[ Command
- Bring back deleted files with lsof
- How to Display Routing Table
- debian etch + determine default runlevel
- HowTo: Install YouTube Video Download in Fedora
- "Cooking" a DVD with Cinelerra and DVDStyler
- HOWTO Make Ubuntu Look Like Windows Vista
- How Not To Use KDE 4’s New Desktop
- Installing Ubuntu Hardy Heron From Hard Disk
- Mounting Linux Partitions in Ubuntu
- How do I set default password expiration for new accounts?
- Fix for Video Playback Problem in Compiz-Fusion
- Linux cutting software costs in Kenya
- Selling open-source "ice" to the eskimos
- Pondering the Reiser Fallout
- Dell, OLPC Affordable Laptop Bout Only Hurts Users
- TurnYourWorldAround's Connect-a-Kid and the OLPC
- RS480/RS690 OSS Compiz Achieved
- Irish Open Source Technology Conference 2008
- As the SCO rolls
- Tim Bray provides a bridge between Sun and developers
- A Perl Script to Backup given files to an FTP location in Linux
- Hardy caveats
- I Like Ubuntu, But…..
- PIC Microcontrollers and Linux
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron, A Webmaster’s Point of View
- Ubuntu update manager slows computer to a crawl
- How to Install Firewall in Ubuntu Linux
- Ubuntu at work
- Being on Ubuntu exclusively
- OpenSolaris 2008.5 Screenshots
- New Open Source Solaris Pits Sun Against Linux
- OpenSolaris: What Ubuntu wants to be when it grows up
- OpenSolaris opens for business
- Open Source Embrace Gives Sun New Fans
blogs.zdnet.com: The project provides patches enabling open source media players to use CoreAVC software under Linux. The DMCA removal request and the project reinstatement was been sent to Google.
ericsbinaryworld.com: Today I decided to upgrade my Mythdora to the latest verison, 5.0. I downloaded the CD media and booted into the install. I had to do a text install to be able to watch it on my TV. Then I just needed to yum install the kmod-nvidia drivers.
techgage.com: The latest Ubuntu release came out just two weeks ago, but that's old news by now. I have never been much of an Ubuntu fan, and the fact is, I disliked it... a lot. I still stand by the fact that I believe the distro was severely over hyped with the earlier versions, but the latest launch, "Hardy Heron" changes my thoughts quite a bit.
blogbeebe.blogspot: OpenSolaris 2008.5 is available as an ISO download (and here as a torrent). It's shipping with the Gnome 2.20.2 desktop, so it will behave quite comfortably for those who are familiar with Ubuntu 7.10, openSUSE 10.3, and other recent distributions from the last six months. I've booted the live CD on europa, and so far everything Just Works.
behindkde.org: In a new series of People Behind KDE interviews, we visit the United States of America to meet a KDE developer with an affinity for education, accessibility, and Asian culture, a person who works on getting you Hot New Stuff - tonight's star of People Behind KDE is Jeremy Paul Whiting.
Suppose you’ve been good (or sort of good anyway), and you have a huge stack of CD-ROMs (or DVDs) with backups and archives of your old files. Great. But how can you find anything? I solved this problem today by making an index of all the files stored on these disks using a few simple GNU commandline tools.
ostatic.com: After several months of discussion and speculation, the Microsoft-Yahoo buyout deal is apparently off. Yahoo is saying that they have come out of this fight stronger and more focused than before. Does this mean that we will see a change in Yahoo's commitment to open source?
fosswire.com: Adept is the graphical package management program included with Kubuntu. While Adept does the job for most software management tasks, it isn’t exactly the quickest application when it comes to starting up.
- Sharing Files Between Windows and Linux
- Search command line history
- Python: Tips For Writing Daemons
- Install 3D Transitions for OpenOffice 2.4
- HowTo: Install FFMpeg on Fedora Linux
- OOo: How to Embed Images
- Use runit to supervise Linux services
- Installing an all-in-one printer device in Debian
- Creating Seamless Virtual Machine with Virtualbox 1.6
- Korn -- an extended shell
- Of bash, history and you
Serdar Yegulalp: In this roundup I've looked at seven Linux distributions, all mainly aimed at desktop users. Some ought to be household names; some are less widely sung but still worth looking at. We tested openSUSE, Ubuntu 8.4, PCLinuxOS, Mandriva Linux One, Fedora, SimplyMEPIS, and CentOS 5.1. All performed well, and each had at least one truly outstanding feature.
linuxjournal.com: When I demonstrate software for Linux Journal, I tend to use Ubuntu as my operating system. The reason is simply because Ubuntu is extremely popular, but it begs the question, should the Linux community standardize on a single distribution? Let's look at some of the pros and cons:
- Ubuntu 8.04, newbie material?
- Ubuntu for My Boss
- How to Suspend to RAM in Ubuntu on the Compaq Evo N610c
- Ubuntu 8.04 ... the best Ubuntu ever? I doubt it.
- Ubuntu's OpenGL face browser with GNOME Desktop Manager
- Teaching the heron to fly
- Full Exclusive Mark Shuttleworth Video Interview Now Available