- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Create Vector Graphics with Open Source Software||Rianne Schestowitz||20/04/2014 - 6:37am|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 11:19pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Software||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 11:18pm|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 11:16pm|
|Story||Leveraging Cloud, Open Source To Aid Embattled IT||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 11:13pm|
|Story||Please protest the "Windows 8 Campus Tour"||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 8:59pm|
|Story||We still believe in Linus’ law after Heartbleed bug, says Elie Auvray of Jahia||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 7:31pm|
|Story||New Screenshots of Ubuntu-based Distros||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 7:25pm|
|Story||For Red Hat, it's RHEL and then…?||Roy Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 7:13pm|
|Story||OpenMandriva RC1 is released!||Rianne Schestowitz||19/04/2014 - 5:45pm|
walletpop.com/blog: I live in Portland, Oregon, where open source is not just the favored software methodology but a way of life. Yet despite my buddies sporting their Linux user group laptop stickers, I was desperately afraid. It sounded hard. It sounded geeky. Then I needed a new laptop.
phoronix.com: Kristian Lyngstol has announced on the Compiz mailing list that version 0.8 of Compiz has been branched.
opencomputer.net: On my computer (unfortunately) I’ve always had a dual boot setup. For my email, calendar, and contact management Thunderbird was my favorite pick. Was until I had a closer look at Evolution.
helpforlinux.blogspot: installed Kubuntu and tried it for few days, here are some tips for you if you are planning to instal Kubuntu.
internetling.com: Some people will argue with me in that these GNU/Linux distributions are as advanced as you want them to be. Well, of course Linux is all about choice. I took the user base perspective though and what I have for you today is a few distros which do not hide the manual (or for people like me, beautiful) underlying configuration.
linuxshellaccount.blogspot: Until yesterday, protesters had kept a quiet, good-natured presence outside of the Microsoft's new office in downtown Seattle, handing out free CD's of computer software, and even giving cute little stuffed penguins-their mascot- to the children of passers-by.
itwire.com: Businesses everywhere are looking to cut costs in the grip of reduced consumer spending, decreased advertising and a general slowdown of trade. Linux can aid you in cutting your infrastructure costs - no matter your platform of choice.
Issue #47 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out. In this week’s issue: openSUSE 11.1 Beta 5.1 for PowerPC Released, Fresh Factory Live-CDs, and People of openSUSE: Vincent Untz.
newsday.com: What's involved in a switch from Windows to Linux? An editor and a couple of readers posed that question after last week's column. Given the proliferation of cheap Linux-based "netbooks" it is worth a systematic look.
This tutorial shows how you can set up an Ubuntu Studio 8.10 desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Finally: 64-bit Flash Comes to Ubuntu
- When Ubuntu Breaks, Who’s to Blame?
- Review: Zenwalk 5.2
- Nexenta, Can you say SolaBuntu
- Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" – What to expect
- About Objects, Names and Variables
- Linux Void Episode 13 - Echo
- Powerdevil: Looks Good
- Bit More Customized Help for End Users
- Enable Sudo insults and sl for some laughs
- Why Apple and Google need to get into the Netbook business
- Logitech G15 Keyboard
- openSUSE 11.1: Updates via PackageKit and PolicyKit
- WUBI - Windows Ubuntu Installer - Tutorial
- Ask Linux.com: NAS, Find, Squid, and EFS
- Linux And Martial Arts Humor - Linus Torvalds Vs. Chuck Norris
- FLOSS Weekly 47: Mifos
- Open source & Linux
- File downloads over the command line via CURL
- Freedom at your disposal
- How To Buy A Laptop
- Screencapture made easy with GScrot
- Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 1 Available
- OpenSolaris 2008.11 RC2 Released
arstechnica.com: Chrome amassed a higher market share than Opera in its first month, stealing market share from the speedy browser, as well as IE and Firefox. Only Safari gained as well. This month, things have flipped around completely, except for Microsoft.
marilyn.frields.org: I was going to spend some time tonight writing a big warm and fuzzy blog post about looking forward to Fedora 10 and all the good times ahead. That would have been awesome.
gimp.org: GIMP 2.6.3 is another bug-fix release in the stable GIMP 2.6 series. Fixes include Plugin Map Color Range disappears from GIMP, zoom-focus better, and document history crash.
- Asus Eee, Ubuntu’d
- Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Sighting Inside Elastic Server
- Review: Ubuntu 8.10 'Intrepid Ibex' – Missed the mark?
- My New Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Installation
- Asus Says Windows and Linux Eee PCs Getting the Same Return Rate?
- KDE Video Cast Episode 2, Nov 22nd
- WINE 1.1.9 Brings Improved Memory Performance
- From the SuperComputing '08 Floor, Part 3
- From the SuperComputing '08 Floor, Part 4
- Musical Geek Friday #15: Kill -9
- IBM buys code-converter firm in Linux move
- Belgium.be using Drupal
- Mind Maps: The Fedora Project
- The Daemon, the GNU, and the Penguin
- Extended Linux support from Red Hat
- Ubuntu Linux Install Week at AIS Picture Gallery
- Metrics of open source success
- Create Read View Edit Word Document on Ubuntu
- OpenSUSE 11
- Public Open Source Companies: Much Ado About Nothing?
- Five reasons Sun won't be acquired
- The tanking economy and OSS
- Damn you Gentoo Devs!
- The Software Freedomometer
redhat.com: Over the next week we plan to post a series of blogs that explore ten examples from around our community, of people making a difference to free software through their work in Fedora.
- Gitting going with git: creating your first repository
- python: writing binary file
- make your BIOS love security
- How the Linux Kernel Manages Virtual Memory
- USB Hard drive spindown fix on Linux
- An Executive Guide to Open Source
- Parallels Desktop 4: Installing Parallels Tools with Ubuntu as Guest
- A graphical way to MySQL mastery
- Problem installing PECL PHP extensions while /tmp is secured
- Customizing Firefox for Netbooks