- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||RAW Sharpening and Noise Reduction With Raw Therapee on Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 7:01pm|
|Story||The New Features Of Mesa 10.3||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 6:53pm|
|Story||Linux Turns 23 Years Old Today||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 6:48pm|
|Story||Don’t Fret Linus, Desktop Linux Will Slowly Gain Traction||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 6:41pm|
|Story||Spice Fire One now in India: A look at alternate mobile OSes beyond Android, iOS, WP8||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 6:22pm|
|Story||Start Talking About the GNU/Linux Desktop||Rianne Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 5:57pm|
|Story||Choose your side on the Linux divide||Roy Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 3:45pm|
|Story||Linux Skills Gap: Where to Look for Linux Systems Management?||Roy Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 3:42pm|
|Story||Why China’s new domestic desktop operating system could actually stick||Roy Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 12:11pm|
|Story||today's leftovers||Roy Schestowitz||25/08/2014 - 8:58am|
tuxgeek.me: In this article we get to discuss Opera’s role as an innovator in the browser market as well as find out if Opera will release its code under the GPL and some technical bits about the ‘Turbo’ technology.
Also: New snapshot with automated crash reporting
ghacks.net: One of the most oft-asked questions I get is “Why should I switch to Linux?” It comes to me either via inbox or sound waves attacking my aural system every day. So I thought I would bring these answer to the outstanding readers here at gHacks to inspire conversation on the topic.
- I Drank The Ubuntu Kool-Aid And It Didn’t Taste Good
- 10 Useful Ubuntu-related Sites You Should Bookmark
- ATI Users - Beware of Ubuntu Jaunty
- Top 5 Apps Not Installed With Ubuntu
- 5 Features of Ubuntu 9.04 Server Edition
- Ubuntu 9.04 on the test bench
- Limited Edition Jaunty Jackalope T-shirts
- Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope overview and screenshots
- Is Ubuntu Bigger than Debian now?
- Has Ubuntu Quietly Caught Up To Windows?
- Jaunty Jackelop: best Ubuntu yet
- Ubuntu 9.04: Installs and upgrades reportedly great so far
blogs.zdnet.com: Bring up free fonts around typeface designers, and you’ll probably get an earful about the relative quality of free and open source designs against the professionally designed fonts.
arstechnica.com: Sugar Labs has announced the first beta release of Sugar on a Stick, a self-contained Sugar environment that is distributed as a live USB image.
reghardware.co.uk: Acer's Nvidia Ion-based micro desktop PC, Revo, will go on sale in the UK on 5 May, with Ubuntu Linux among the available operating systems.
penguinpetes.com: In the spirit of Douglas Adams' The Meaning of Liff, this is the little list of words I've come up with to describe aspects of Linux life.
softpedia.com: The Fedora Unity Project recently announced the immediate availability of a new set of Re-Spins for the Fedora 10 Linux distribution.
linuxgeeksunited.blogspot: This is the type of nonsense people try to drum up readers for an article with. Just to get folks riled up. "The Year of..." is ridiculous in general. It's also very relative.
linux-mag.com: Looking for a mature, open source database that’s not owned by Oracle? Whether you’re already a fan or are looking for alternatives, now might be a good time to take a look PostgreSQL.
- Ubuntu a true rival for Win7, Mac OS X
- Using The Nouveau Driver In Ubuntu 9.04
- How To: Fix Stuttering Sound in 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
- Four Simple Features That Set Ubuntu Apart
- A Good News - Bad News Week For Ubuntu Server
- 8 Features of Ubuntu Remix for Netbooks
- Announcing the Ubuntu Gaming Team
Based on ncurses, MOC (music on console) is a popular, text-based audio player which can play various audio formats, including Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, MP4, WMA and WAV. The release I'm going to talk about in this article is 2.5.0-alpha3, as it comes with Debian Lenny.
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope doesn't show the update icon in the system tray when there are updates available. This is because the update system was changed in Ubuntu Jaunty: [...] Full Story
In the new Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope, Intel graphic (video) drivers 965 (x3000 or x3100) are blacklisted so you cannot run Compiz thus your desktop effects cannot be enabled. There is a way to enable desktop effects.
- Linux cache poisoning attacks easier than on Windows?
- Palm Pre spotted in the wild
- iPC Leopard
- Does Linux, Mac OS Need Defragmentation Software?
- Dropbox rpm for Mandriva 2009 and 2009.1
- GP2X Wiz open source hand held to get app store
- Open-source uptake on the rise, according to Forrester
- Reaping the Benefits of Open Source
- Ubuntu 9.04 Takes A Swipe At Microsoft
- Will OpenOffice survive the Oracle-Sun takeover?
- Cloud computing is 'security nightmare,' says Cisco CEO
- Some interesting firsts for cloud OS
- Drupal mentioned in Forbes
- Manually Adding Screensavers To gnome-screensaver
- Commandline 101: su and sudo
- Find the longest line in a file
- Make Google Earth Use Your GTK Theme!
- Linux Migration for the Home PC User, Part 7
- Cipher benchmark for dm-crypt / LUKS
(PR): Red Hat, Inc. today announced a call for presentations for its Open Source Cloud Computing Forum, a virtual event scheduled to take place July 22, 2009.
manishtech.wordpress: Some friend of you asks you to try out Linux. How would you feel? To feel the same you need to first unmount the geekism in you and walk a mile in the shoes of a newbie.
This research aims at finding the needs, and practices of users of Gnome 2.x. Analyzing that data will give the Gnome Usability Team very precious information that will shape up the form of Gnome 3.0.