- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Irish City Adopts Open Source||srlinuxx||12/12/2012 - 5:45pm|
|Story||Interest in Linux development sliding||srlinuxx||12/12/2012 - 5:37pm|
|Story||6 Linux Distros Born in 2012||srlinuxx||12/12/2012 - 5:35pm|
|Story||Top Linux Trends 2012-2013||srlinuxx||12/12/2012 - 5:34pm|
|Story||What's new in Linux 3.7||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 10:21pm|
|Story||Consequences of Dell Embracing Ubuntu||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 10:09pm|
|Story||ROSA Desktop 2012 preview||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 10:02pm|
|Story||Red Hat CEO, Jim Whitehurst Opens Up||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 5:38pm|
|Story||Top 5 Linux Predictions for 2013||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 5:36pm|
|Story||OpenMandriva: It's Almost a Done Deal||srlinuxx||11/12/2012 - 5:34pm|
stuartl.longlandclan.yi.org/blog: Lately I’ve been busy with university stuff. In particular, my final year project, which is investigating Controller Area Networks, in the context of the Atmel AT91SAM7X256 MCU. These microcontrollers are a low-cost system-on-chip based around the ARM7TMDI core. This particular one includes 64KB RAM, 256KB flash, RS-232, device-side USB 2.0, 10/100Mbps ethernet, and of course, a CAN interface.
- Install Mplayer and Multimedia Codecs in Ubuntu 8.04
- Selecting Ubuntu as a Linux Server
- Restricted extra’s in hardy, there’s a catch!
- Things to do on your new Ubuntu 8.04 Hard Heron Installation
- Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Experience
- The Great Ubuntu-Girlfriend Experiment
- Ubuntu Studio - The OS For the Ultimate Open Source Artist?
- Howto: Awesome Winamp Music Visualizations for Ubuntu Linux
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Hardy Heron (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable) with PHP and Ruby, Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
debaday.debian.net: Sonata is a GTK+ music player, written in Python. Actually, it is an MPD client, which is it’s most important advantage. MPD is a daemon that plays your music at background (maybe on a different computer). It can use different front ends, you can use it even from command-line and it continues playing even if your client or X is crashes.
lxer.com: Earlier this week an article concerning Vista and market share and one about how Open Source Software has cost the IT Industry $60 Billion dollars over the last five years or so. Needless to say this generated some conversations about its validity. I got to wondering if there have ever been accurate market share statistics for Linux or any operating system for that matter.
- Flying with the Heron
- Ubuntu 8.04 – Hard Heron
- crappy security
- Wubi Is Just Not Ready
- 10 Reasons to Download and Try Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Back with Ubuntu: An installation review of Ubuntu 8.04
- Updating my Ubuntu machine
- Amarok Resolved
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: A search for "linux ready for desktop" brings millions of results on any search engine. The phrase "Linux Desktop Year" has been around 5 years now. Over the years, the question on its validity has been asked again and again. Fundamentally what does one mean by "Linux Desktop Year"?
blogs.techrepublic.com: Ah the GPL. The GNU Public License. It’s probably one of the most controversial topics in all of the IT world. What is it and how is it enforced? Who backs it and who defends it? And who watches the watchers? Now there’s the real rub.
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS review
- Hidden Linux: Hardy - The way I like it
- ubuntu 8.04 lts (hardy heron): a disappointment
junauza.com: If you think that Linux is only "for the boys", then think again. Did you know that there are women-oriented Linux communities that are created to provide both technical and social support for women Linux users?
liquidat.wordpress: Dell is shipping docking stations for it’s Latitude Laptops. I’ve tested a D/Dock and it does work with Linux. The only real problems have their roots in Linux’ shortcomings.
- Tribute to the Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
- Other Ubuntu variants
- Howto Disable CTRL-ALT-DEL from shutting down in Ubuntu
- An interview with hyper_ch
- Reset Compiz effects back to Ubuntu Defaults…
- Ubuntu's Hardy Heron Takes Virtualization Flight
linux-exploration.blogspot: GOS 2.9 is based off the Ubuntu distribution, and it is the operating system that is coming on the Everex G-PC's and the Everex Cloud Book. The new 2.9 version, has a Mac-OS type feel. Even though it seems appropriate, the G does not stand for Google.
phoronix.com: When OpenTheBlob.com started in late February, within one week of its launch it already had 5,000 signatures and days later it passed the 6,000 and 7,000 marks too. This letter was an open letter to NVIDIA looking for more information on their open-source strategy.
tradingmarkets.com: Red Hat will look primarily to emerging markets, not the United States, to expand service sales in the coming years, chief executive Jim Whitehurst said.
ruminationsonthedigitalrealm.org: Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen only raving reviews about the new Mandriva Spring 2008. Positive reviews. Since I always like to draw my own conclusions and Mandriva is one the releases this spring, I decided to give it a spin.
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 on a HP Compaq nx7000
- Minibuntu 8.04 is out
- Five Softwares to Install in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
- First Impression of the Heron 8.04
- Thanks to all the contributors for Hardy
- Hardy Heron – my odd first experiences
- Two Sweet New Linux Distros
- The difficulty of building community around commercial: The OpenSolaris example
- How To Be a Linux/Open Source Advocate
- Hibernation in Draco
- Going Open Source Series & Working With Open Source Companies
- Create/Find Hardware Reviews
- Compiz White & Black Frozen screen fix
- GSA makes the case for open source
lazytechguy.com: Mandriva Spring 2008.1 is no doubt a great distribution. It has good collection of default software, has excellent hardware detection, has proprietary drivers and software and an overall great out of box experience. People, including me, often complain about its Package manager. Lets have a little detailed look.