- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Forum topic||MyahOS||vorn213||09/01/2013 - 12:08am|
|Story||Red Hat ships Enterprise Linux 5.9||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 10:50pm|
|Story||Systemd 197 becomes distribution-agnostic||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 10:48pm|
|Story||1998’s most intriguing OS, 15 years later: Hands-on with Haiku alpha 4||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 10:40pm|
|Story||Ubuntu Phone OS Demonstration by Shuttleworth at CES||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 10:23pm|
|Story||Firefox OS finds a new way to app||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 8:24pm|
|Poll||Big in 2013||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 6:40pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 6:24pm|
|Story||Kate Gets Bunch Of Cool New Features||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 2:59am|
|Story||Doom 3 BFG On Linux Gets In A Better State||srlinuxx||08/01/2013 - 2:54am|
12. Audacious - Music player based on XMMS that looks like Winamp.
14. gtk - RecordMyDesktop - Records your desktop and saves it, so you can post it to youtube or whatever.
17. Yakuake - Terminal window that drops down, Quake-style, when you press a key.
19. Conky - Desktop app that posts system monitoring info onto the desktop of your Ubuntu.
neverendinginternet.wordpress: I have been following the Eee Pc 900 recently, and thought it was a great deal. The problem with the Eee PC 900 is that it is supposed to go on sale for $540 - $560 in the US. I can get a much more legit laptop from Dell for about the same price. Here is a comparison.
- Adventures in Linux
- Hardy Heron is Hardy
- Crystal Ball Sunday #2: OpenSolaris vs. Linux
- Ubuntu 8.04
- Running Windows in Ubuntu Linux
- Palm and Ubuntu
- Heron? I Hardy Heron.
- Installing Debian Testing on a Lenovo X61s Thinkpad
- Compiz-Check and EnvyNG Configuration Tips : Ubuntu 8.04
- Howto: Restart Ubuntu Linux safely when it is frozen or locked up!
- Tip: Getting Your Webcam To Work In Ubuntu
- What to do if your Ubuntu updates and software downloads are slow
- Installing OpenFire on Ubuntu 8.04
- Installing AlienBBC and MPlayer on Debian x86_64
sathyaphoenix.wordpress: Two bytes meet. The first byte asks, “Are you ill?”
The second byte replies, “No, just feeling a bit off.”
mssaleh.wordpress: All operating systems started with a command line environment, but all have ended up with nice and intuitive graphical interfaces. They differ, however, in how they’ve treated their old foe. Windows, on one hand, has reduced the CLI to be the last resort in a rescue mission. On the other hand, Linux has preserved the full functionality of the CLI, or, more precisely, maintained the CLI as the primary working environment.
Also: 10 CLI Tools for Linux
mozilla.org: Thanks to all the hard work of the Mozilla community as of 9:15 AM PDT today we are code complete for Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 (RC1). In about an hour new nightly builds will be available.
opensuse.org: Despite being a openSUSE member and a platinum member of the PackMan team packaging several widely-used applications he also helps the Build Service team with osc code contributions.
canadaeast.com: Hardy Heron is a fast, exceptionally stable operating system. It is a significant step up from Windows XP and better than Vista when it comes to efficiently using resources, and frankly, ease of use.
tips-tricks-online.blogspot: Recently, I tried PCLinuxOS via the "live CD" route. I downloaded the .ISO image of the CDROM and then used Nero to burn the image onto a CDR.
junauza.com: Puppy Linux 4.0 has been unleashed recently. It is a major distribution release version of this well-known mini-distro that is why I took some time to check it out. I have used Puppy Linux 3.01 before, and I have said that it was more than just a cute-named distro. So what are the improvements of this latest edition over its predecessor? Has it really learned new tricks?
internetling.com: I got lots of emails from people asking me what are my favourite apps to install after I get a new Linux box up and running, so here they are:download
linuxtreat.blogspot: Mandriva Linux 2008.1 Spring have up-to-date version of the major components such as KDE 3.5.9(KDE 4.0.3 also available), GNOME 2.22, Compiz Fusion 0.7.2, OpenOffice.org 2.4.0, Linux Kernal 188.8.131.52. Mandriva support vast varieties of hardware, it automatically detects and configure most of the hardware.
- The Debian menu system - How to create menus for TWM, OpenBox, FluxBox, etc
- Tweaking Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron with Ubuntu Tweak
- How to retreive hardware manufacturer name, serial numbers, etc. in Linux command line
- Encrypted Ubuntu 8.04
- Setup a Seperate Wallpaper per Workspace in Ubuntu Hardy Heron w/Compiz Fuzion
- colordiff — a tool to colorize diff output
- Customizing Ubuntu, the final touch
- Create Split .Rar Files in Ubuntu Linux for archiving, filesharing, and backup purposes
- Finding the Number of Characters In A Variable Regardless Of Your Linux Or Unix Shell
- static routes after restart/reboot in Fedora/RedHat/CentOS
- Sending mail in python
fourforces.wordpress: A distribution (also called distro) is a member of the Linux family of computer operating systems. They are built around the Linux kernel and consist of a large variety of software. Here’s a list of some of the best general purpose and most popular open and free distributions:
c|net blogs: I was gladdened yesterday when techbargains.com reported a sale on a new Lenovo ThinkPad R61 running SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. It's not everyday that you run into a major PC vendor selling machines pre-loaded with Linux (excluding servers).
compiz-fusion.org: On openSUSE 11.0 users will not have to fiddle with any commandline, hack scripts or xorg.conf to enable Compiz. Thanks to Rodrigo’s work, simple-ccsm now has a switch to easily enable/disable Compiz.
idg.no: Microsoft is launching a program to promote the use of its Windows OS in ultra low-cost PCs. Microsoft plans to offer PC makers steep discounts on Windows XP Home Edition to encourage them to use that OS instead of Linux on ultra low-cost PCs (ULPCs).
linuxdevices.com: Zaragoza, Spain-based Libelium announced an x86-based multi-protocol mesh router with a Debian GNU/Linux-based OS and a user-extensible browser-based open source management interface.
downloadsquad.com: We're always on the lookout for good desktop Twitter clients. Because while the microblogging service is kind of useful as a web-based tool for sharing your thoughts, desktop clients make Twitter feel more like an instant messaging platform that allows you to communicate with hundreds, even thousands of people at once.