- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
webmastersbydesign.com: FreeBSD provides a very easy installation process. FreeBSD is one of the most secure operating systems available. The port system is a collection of software that is packaged and ready for installation on a FreeBSD system.
opensuse.org: openSUSE 11.1 beta 3 will be delayed by several days. We originally scheduled the release for today (October 16) but the power outage last Friday left us unable to check in packages temporarily, and pushed the schedule back by several days.
techradar.com: The BBC has sorted out a deal with Adobe that will allow both Linux and Mac users to download content from its iPlayer.
heise-online.co.uk: Blender 2.48 is the latest version of the the open source Blender 3D suite to be released by the Blender Foundation. The suite is designed to allow users to model, render and animate 3D scenes.
earthweb.com: Switching to Linux. We are either talking about it or simply telling people to do it. Yet despite this all this "action," it seems that we have somehow forgotten to include the "how" when it comes to this life changing switch.
linuxhaxor.net: Almost every linux docks, one way or another, exists to mimic the functions of Mac OS X docks. The Linux purists dislike docks because of its similarities with OS X the same way some of them dislike KDE3 and earlier KDE versions, for its similarities to Windows OS.
computerworlduk.com: As well as the stampede to the servers, what's noteworthy is the split by platform: around 79% of downloads are for Windows. That's good news, I think.
cdotraffic.wordpress: I’m having an affair. Unlike other relationships that you move heaven and earth for to keep I am not frozen by guilt or remorse to destroy mine.
baltic-course.com: Gradual transition to open source software at government institutions is a proposal that should be given serious consideration, stressed the Finance Ministry of Latvia.
workswithu.com: There’s been a lot of ink spilled—er, pixels fired—about Canonical’s decision not to offer a graphical interface in the server edition. The debate is understandable.
enterprisenetworkingplanet.com: Keeping up with Linux is a time-consuming endeavor. Linux is frequently changing, and it’s so large and widely-used that it is nearly impossible to keep up with all the evolution. In this article, we’ll show you five ways.
This is a detailed description about how to set up a Mandriva 2009.0 Free server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Dovecot POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
- Finding Which RPM Package Contains a File
- E17 adapted to Linux devices, demo'd on Treo650
- Red Hat: Crisis to boost open source
- Dell and Canonical Ubuntu continue groundbreaking Linux work
- LSB 4 For Whom?
- Best Music Player For Ubuntu - Exaile?
- Review of final OpenOffice 3: Why buy Microsoft Office?
- Open source gets pragmatic
- UVD Is Enabled For Linux In Catalyst 8.10
- And you thought Microsoft's open source FUD was bad
- Analysis: netbooks a challenge and opportunity for Linux
- Two Great Linux Systems Under $300 Dollars
- Windows XP - PCLinuxOS Dual Boot Saves the Day
- Having fun with a book on Ubuntu LPI 199
- The Tao of Linux
- 2008 has been very very good for the Linux Foundation
- Mozilla Ubiquity - the Web-integrated YOU
- Ubuntu 8.10 Coming Soon
- Migrating to (Embedded) Linux: How and Why
psychocats.net: I think a lack of properly advertised and thoughtfully tested preinstalled Linux solutions from major manufacturers is the main barrier to the bulk of average folks switching from Windows to Linux.
linux.com: Typically, each new version of the Python programming language has been gentle on users, more or less maintaining backward compatibility with previous versions. But in 2000, when Python creator Guido van Rossum announced that he was embarking on a new version of Python, he did not sugar coat his plan: Version 3.0 would not be backward-compatible.
gnuru.org: Skype is a predatory virus that should be banned from your computer. But don't take my word for it. Look at the facts.
0xdeadbeef.com: There has been some confusion around the Geolocation functionality that we’re including in Firefox 3.1 Beta 1. I thought I might make a short post to try and clear some of it up.
- Tweak Your Font Rendering for Better Appearance
- Float irregular images on your Web pages with pngslice
- Bash Command Line Shortcuts
- Why do the BSD's use slices? What are they?
- How to import PDFs into OpenOffice.org 3.0
- How to install Adobe Flash Player 10 in Ubuntu 8.04
- /proc explained
- Mandriva Linux 2009 Firewall
linux.com: Back when Mandriva was called Mandrake, the distribution had the reputation of being the most user-friendly Linux distribution. Financial difficulties, personnel changes, and the rise of Ubuntu changed that, and somehow Mandriva never quite regained its reputation.