- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Linux developers working on Windows UEFI secure boot problem||srlinuxx||16/07/2012 - 3:18am|
|Story||Italian Local Government Warms to Open Source||srlinuxx||16/07/2012 - 3:17am|
|Story||Valve Picks Up Another All-Star Linux Developer||srlinuxx||14/07/2012 - 9:16pm|
|Story||what's value of linux being modular||srlinuxx||14/07/2012 - 9:15pm|
|Story||Ubuntu App Showdown: let the voting begin||srlinuxx||14/07/2012 - 9:13pm|
|Story||Korean company's tiny quad-core ARM Linux computer packs a punch at $129||srlinuxx||2||14/07/2012 - 9:45am|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||14/07/2012 - 2:47am|
|Story||Kernel Log: Coming in 3.5 (Part 5) - Infrastructure||srlinuxx||13/07/2012 - 8:40pm|
|Story||Raspberry Pi in space: Putting the Linux PC into orbit||srlinuxx||13/07/2012 - 8:34pm|
|Story||Gentoo: Why in the World Compile Everything||srlinuxx||13/07/2012 - 10:41am|
reghardware.co.uk: Asus has posted a Software Development Kit (SDK) for the Eee PC, the better to help coders write new programs to run on the elfin laptop's Xandros Linux distribution.
- HTML 5 Support by Browser: Opera Continues to Lead the Pack
- Linux Install Podcast Episode 48 Gentoo part 3
- Mormons for open source
- Welcome Lumiera! (video editor)
- XO Laptop Training Begins in Peru
- WUSTL Open-source innovation conference April 4-5
- Linux Product Insider
- Top 10 Reasons to Avoid Ubuntu
- Another Reason Microsoft's OSP Isn't Good Enough
- SFLC Releases Paper on Shareware Redistribution of Free Software
- Impossible thing #5: Open hardware, from the LART to the Common
- Plans for the Linux-next Tree
abclinuxu.cz: The general purpose of binary packages, package management systems, is to provide a prebuilt software to easily maintain systems and applications programs so that the system remains consistent and its resources are used in a efficient way. There are various package formats, but probably most widespread are RPM, deb and TGZ formats.
crunchgear.com: In honor of Linux week, I’d like to talk about some distros I’ve known and loved. This isn’t an exhaustive list and many aren’t really distros, but it’s more an exercise in nostalgia than anything else.
- Creating a Home Inventory with F-Spot (video)
- Upgrading openSUSE 10.3 to 11.0 (Factory)
- How to install ATI Video Card in you linux System
- Easy Multiple File Patching And Patch Removal On Linux And Unix
- How to Split apache Logs With vlogger in debian etch
- Gentoo Portage USE Flag Descriptions
blog.wired.com: Asa Dotzler has been there from the beginning. As Mozilla's director of community development, he's had a hand in birthing some of the web's most successful open-source software projects, most notably the Mozilla and Firefox web browsers.
blog.eracc.com: I will confess I am a GIMP guy on Linux. Others will recommend GIMP only to be told that GIMP is not as good as Photoshop. Now we all know that is really just personal opinion, not objective fact. In any case there is now a Photoshop that should even work on Linux.
channelregister.co.uk: A brand-new MacBook Air running a fully patched version of Leopard was the first to fall in a contest that pitted the security of machines running OS X, Vista and Linux. The exploit took less than two minutes to pull off.
It’s time again! Issue #11 is out - one more until our 1 year anniversary. This month: Linux Mint vs Ubuntu, Review of an old Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop running Ubuntu, and Howto: iPod Classic & Amarok.
eweek.com: The influence of the open-source model on software development is increasing. Here, eWEEK names 15 people driving this IT revolution.
makeuseof.com: An oddity of open source operating systems is the Live CD. These live systems are full versions of the operating system that run completely from the given medium. Live CDs originally came from the old boot-disk-for-diagnosis idea. Live CDs have now become a way to test-drive a distro before installing it.
- UK may make last-minute U-turn on OOXML
- Kenya Changes From Yes to Abstain! Denmark Says No; EU Commission Investigating Poland
- President of EU Academy for Standardisation criticizes OOXML, says duplicative standards conflict with WTO rules
- Germany Stays in the OOXML "Yes" Column
- Oh Miguel...
- OOXML Vote Coverage
reuters.com: Red Hat Inc issued a revenue outlook on Thursday that topped Wall Street forecasts, saying that its business software is poised for strong growth in a weak economy because it costs less than rival products.
Dana Blankenhorn: Despite a lot of brave talk at OSBC there is little doubt that open source is heading into its first recession. This recession starts just as many open source vendors are starting to look beyond their own forges for sales. I’ve heard people say they’re even hiring salesmen.
desicritics.org: Linux platform for computing is difficult to understand for an average personal computer user, the traditional Microsoft Windows Operating System users especially find it inconvenient with excessive amount of options Linux presents. I would like to focus on Linux Live CDs as a way for an individual computer user to simplify computing.
- Solved: Desktop Recording with Sound
- How To Backup Your iPod Music on Linux
- How To Use Filezilla As An SFTP Client
- Automatic FTP Backup System - A Very Simple Solution
- Introduction BackupPC
- How to create a shortcut in your desktop?
- Top Tip: How do I remove Grub?
- Four Table Tips for OpenOffice Writer
tombuntu.com: Installed CompizConfig Settings Manager and are wondering where the custom visual effects setting has gone? The way this works has changed in Ubuntu 8.04.
thevarguy.com: The VAR Guy wasn’t looking for love, but he found it during a trip to his local CostCo last night. There, he spotted the $299 Eee PC from Asus. It’s built on Linux — but CostCo’s in-store promotional materials for the device barely mention Linux. That may be a smart move. Here’s why.
junauza.com: Another exciting month has almost passed. So far, I tried and tested two equally fantastic and capable Linux distributions. Wolvix 1.1.0 and Pardus 2007.3 are well-crafted distros that truly deserve some attention. Some might ask which one is better between the two. There’s only one way to find out.
ostatic.com: It's not every day that a Microsoft executive as highly placed as senior vice president, corporate secretary and general counsel Brad Smith shows up at an open source conference, but he made an appearance at the Open Source Business Conference in San Francisco this week. What people keep missing is how Microsoft's proposed Yahoo deal would force it to embrace open source.