- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||A year without Windows and a new love of Linux||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:08pm|
|Story||When Linux Was Perfect Enough||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 6:58pm|
|Blog entry||OMG what happened to CentOS 7 Desktop?||fieldyweb||03/08/2014 - 4:59pm|
|Story||Why the Android One Program is a Revolutionary Initiative for Developing Countries||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 2:11pm|
|Blog entry||It's Summer Again||Roy Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 12:52pm|
|Story||Valencia Schools Save Almost $50 Million (€37 Million) with a Linux OS Based on Ubuntu||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 12:32pm|
|Story||Steam for Linux Now Has More Than 600 Games||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 12:26pm|
|Story||Weekend in Techrights||Roy Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 12:13pm|
|Story||PCLinuxOS Magazine August 2014||Rianne Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 8:14am|
|Story||Ubuntu Touch Image #157 Comes With Mir And Unity 8 Improvements, Among Others||Roy Schestowitz||03/08/2014 - 7:11am|
polishlinux.org: It is that time of the year again, along with the beginning of the spring, yet another release of Ubuntu 9.04 codenamed Jaunty Jackalope is coming shortly to a server near you. I decided to have a quick look and downloaded Kubuntu.
trendcaller.com: Imagine a single Linux distribution that adapts to whatever hardware you run it on. When run on an Atom netbook, all the software shapes and optimizes to the feature set and processor. Want to run it as a VM on a new Nehalem-based server? No problem.
linux-mag.com: The Debian project made a splash on Sunday with the announcement that two new “architectures” had been added to the Debian FTP archive. So what exactly does that mean?
osugisakae.com: I switched from Gentoo to Kubuntu a month or two ago and while it was generally OK, there were several things I didn’t like. End result, I switched yesterday to PCLinuxOS.
howtogeek.com: If you cannot get enough of Guitar Hero while playing on your home console then Frets On Fire is a great way to get a similar experience on your computer. Frets on Fire is a cross-platform Open Source project.
eweek.com: Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 does a good job of bringing together an organization's equipment and code to meet a variety of needs.
phoronix.com: The Logitech MX1100 is a cordless laser mouse that is designed to not only be wireless but also provide extremely comfort. Will this Logitech cordless laser mouse work under Linux though?
opendotdotdot.blogspot: As of this morning, apt-urls are enabled on the Ubuntu Wiki. What does this mean? It means that we can now insert clickable links on the wiki that can prompt users to install software from the Ubuntu repositories.
izanbardprince.wordpress: Occasionally I go nuts and decide to see if the people at Microsoft have aped anything good from OS X or Linux, or gotten it right if they did. With all the hubbub about Windows 7, I decided to give it a try, and I was less than amused.
raiden.net: Let me introduce you to Linux. A free Operating System that can replace Windows for a very good fee. FREE. Yes you heard me...FREE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH! What is the catch? Well you may have to give up a few things like native gaming but even that is a minor point.
- "The Opportunity for Linux in a New Economy"
- Linux Kernel Development Gets An Early Bug-Fix Stage
- Linux Folks Gather for Major Conference
- 10 Music making Apps for Linux
- UK lags in open source in the enterprise
- Ubuntu 9.04 Versus Gentoo
- GNU/Linux mainstream: The Simpsons Test
- 36 Hours of Pain!
- Samba 4 beta offers platform choice to data centers
- Another Reason Why FAT32 / VFAT Needs to Die
- Funny Unix and Linux Quotes
- Linux Mint: Ubuntu plus stuff you probably want
- MLB.com looks great on desktop Linux
- My Boss starts the conversion to Linux
- Linux and the Drummer
- Intel committed to mobile Linux, despite core dump
- File Synchronization with Unison over SSH
- Enable Plymouth on Fedora 10
- Copy MySQL Tables between hosts
- ntop in openSUSE to probe & monitor Network Traffic
- Linux + Compiz - The beauty of Linux
- Writing simple python setup commands
- Tutorial: Build Your Own Linux Distro
- Building a Linux Firewall Part 1: Why?
- Linux Firewall Part 2: Determine Your Network Setup
- Commandline 101: Copying Files with rsync
- How to Set Up a Linux Media Centre?
- How to setup abit AirPace PCI-e WiFi card without ndiswrapper in Ubuntu
- How to upgrade packages or install them from AUR
- How to install Gnome Global Menu on Ubuntu - easy way
- 3D Chuck. The Gimp script way.
technologytales.com: Part of some recent “fooling” brought on by the investigation of what turned out to be a duff DVD writer was a fresh installation of Ubuntu 8.10 on my main home PC. It might have brought on a certain amount of upheaval but it was nowhere near as severe as that following the same sort of thing with a Windows system.
eweek.com: Red Hat announces the official launch of the Teiid data virtualization system project in the JBoss.org Community.
community.zdnet: Oh dear. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and when the Linux Foundation announced a contest to produce a TV advert for Linux they meant well. It's just a shame the results don't end up doing Linux any favours. At all.
lmpeiris.wordpress: What I have here today is a fruity – loops ( the commercial music editor for song tracks) like song/melody editor for Linux, with the full swing! Can you believe it? This is the best use of Qt 4 (GUI library) I have yet seen.
tuxradar.com: We descended back down into the dark cellars below the Linux Format head offices to dig out more gems from the archive. This time we've surfaced with another group test: the best Linux games of the time, which is both fun (we all had fun playing these back in the day) and depressing (Linux games have sadly not moved on that much!) at the same time.
danlynch.org/blog: Someone asked me “should I install Ubuntu or Linux?”, I replied “Ubuntu is Linux” but this didn’t help a lot. There’s a lot of terminology we take for granted. It can put people off and I want to demystify some of it if I can.