- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Leftovers: Software||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 4:25pm|
|Story||today's howtos||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 4:24pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 4:23pm|
|Story||Linux Foundation SysAdmin Aric Gardner Avoids a GUI at All Costs||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 4:16pm|
|Story||FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report - Second Quarter 2014||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 3:51pm|
|Story||Interview with Nathan Willis, GUADEC Keynote Speaker||Rianne Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 10:28am|
|Story||Nginx Plus r4 Improves Web Server Security||Rianne Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 10:21am|
|Story||An Interview with Karen Sandler||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 8:54am|
|Story||Ubuntu 14.10 is Now Using Kernel 3.16 RC3 As Default||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 8:43am|
|Story||OnePlus AOSP stock ROM for those who don’t want CyanogenMod||Roy Schestowitz||25/07/2014 - 8:40am|
Normally compiz (more precisely the cube module) shows each desktop on the surface of a cuboid. Since we don’t have several desktops during installation we decided to show the “wizard” steps on the cuboid.
infoworld.com: In a surprise announcement, Red Hat is looking into a move away from open source and making its flavor of Linux a proprietary OS. The shift, if undertaken, would be a tricky one that would delve into thorny legal issues of ownership within the open source community.
- We Interrupt This Blog...
- A career change for me.
- Goodluck Fabio and Welcome Daniel
- Microsoft Open Sources Windows
- Linux bugs: Whaddaya want for nothin’?
- Which SQL is MySQL?
- Do Open Source Companies *Really* Support Free Software?
- openSUSE Weekly News, Issue 65
- Full system encryption for Linux (yes, even the kernel)
- Web content filtering with DansGuardian
- Making Full Use of the Super (Windows) Key in Gnome
- Find Files with the find Command
- Exploring filters and pipes
- 275 Open Source Policy Initiatives (and growing)...
- The SFLC Show - Episode 0x0A: A Guide to GPL Compliance
- How to Convert .cue and .bin files into an .iso file
- Install Bind on Gentoo
- FreeBSD 7.1 + Linux Runtime Binaries
- Edit file on Remote host
- MySQL and the freedom to fork
- Taking Control of Your Documents
- Testing the Fedora 11 Installation Guide
- 1295 Infected Hosts, 103 Countries, And They Still Can't Say "Windows Malware"
itwire.com: Internet users in Australia will have to take out licences from the next financial year else they will not be allowed to use the web, official sources told iTWire today.
cooltuxapps.com: With mind mapping software, you can take notes, capture ideas, project planning and so on. Here are 7 free mind mapping softwares.
linuxplanet.com: A year ago, HP jumped into the netbook market. Well, stepped in. Well, put a toe in. But now HP has gotten around to getting specific: The 10.1-inch-screened Mini 2140 is the company's first netbook aimed specifically at mobile professionals.
blogs.pcworld.co.nz: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today apologised for the shocking state of his company's key product.
randomguy3.wordpress: This is a deconstruction of 10 reasons why GNOME is better than KDE, which is pretty obviously a piece of flame-bait. I’m in the mood for dissecting arguments.
linuxjournal.com: The following article presents a status report on the development of five of the most active notation software projects for Linux. Most of them are works in progress, but all are well along on their development track and in varying states of usability.
linuxhaxor.net: Inkscape is a great open source alternative for commercial vector editor like Illustrator the same way Gimp is an alternative for Photoshop and Blender is for Maya. I have come across some amazing tutorials that have helped me greatly. I hope these tutorials will help you.
- Amazing Ubuntu Linux themes, Icons & Walls to give your desktop a Fresh Look
- Shopping delivered to Great Grandma, by Ubuntu Linux
- Learn to package apps for Ubuntu
- Wah? Your Dell Inspiron Mini9 is an Ubuntu Server?
- Just what is Jaunty Jackalope?
- Ubuntu Requests Reviewers to Handle Flood of Brainstorm Ideas
oooninja.com: It's time for an OpenOffice.org benchmark rematch. Go-oo has been proudly boasting it is "Better, Faster, Freer," but last time when we tested OpenOffice.org 2.4, Go-oo came in fourth place out of four.
tycheent.wordpress: The Developers and MOTUs for Ubuntu have seen fit to add PulseAudio to the audio stack. And I do mean add it to the stack. It sits on top of Alsa and attempts to manage the way people use their audio. And yes, it sits on top of Alsa, not replaces it.
This tutorial is for UNIX system developers and administrators who are looking for the best ways to troubleshoot applications problems running on their systems.
Not so long ago I put up a tutorial which included three useful tips for Konqueror 3.5.9 (KDE3), and one of them was how to create an Open as Root service menu for directories. In this how-to I will show how to accomplish the same thing in KDE4 this time, for both Dolphin and Konqueror.
ostatic.com/blog: Remember the IBM "Peace, Love, Linux" campaign? I remember seeing Tux's smiling face on taxi cab billboards (and spray painted on sidewalks) all over Boston. I can't discount that the ad's approach and playfulness wasn't some sort of subliminal influence.