- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 7:02pm|
|Story||First weeks al Linaro and other things||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:55pm|
|Story||Free Linux Firewall OS IPFire 2.15 Core 81 Features Gets Multiple Fixes||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:49pm|
|Story||Nouveau's Big Batch Of Changes Land In Linux 3.17||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:44pm|
|Story||Slackware and Salix-Based Distro Slackel Fluxbox 1.0 Live Officially Released||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:37pm|
|Story||The Exciting Features Merged So Far For Linux 3.17||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:33pm|
|Story||How to Choose the Best Linux Desktop for You||Roy Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 6:33pm|
|Story||Next Week We Should Hear All About OpenGL 5.0||Rianne Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 4:38pm|
|Story||PyKDE5 Status||Roy Schestowitz||10/08/2014 - 10:02am|
|Story||Leftovers: Gaming||Roy Schestowitz||09/08/2014 - 9:59pm|
Linux Fund and OpenMediaNow have expanded their partnership with the Gnash media player development team to bring OpenStreetMap editing support to the open source Flash® player, Gnash.
tuxradar.com: If you were suffering in silence because you thought you couldn't draw a Gantt chart or an RBS diagram on Linux, you were wrong. In this article we'll present five project managers that are aimed at non-geek desktop users.
The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #139 for the week of April 19th- April 25th, 2009 is now available.
mepis.org: MEPIS LLC has released SimplyMEPIS 8.0.06, an update to the community edition of MEPIS 8.0. The updated components on the SimplyMEPIS ISOs include recent updates from the Debian Lenny pool and also Linux kernel 184.108.40.206, Firefox 3.0.9, jbidwatcher 2.0.1, and gutenprint 5.2.3.
- 10 Expert Ubuntu Tricks
- Migrating to ext4
- Tweet From Ubuntu 9.04 Terminal
- What should become of Edubuntu?
- Vista Fonts in Ubuntu
- Logitech Webcam & Skype under Ubuntu
muskratsweb.net: I just recently downloaded and installed Mepis again. I’ll have to say, it has really improved from previous installs I’ve tried. Before it was based on Ubuntu and had the blot inherited from such a blotted upstream distro.
tuxarena.blogspot: I was pleased to hear a while ago that K3b got two new developers assigned by the Mandriva project and that work at the KDE4 port is going well now.
- Five Minutes of Ubuntu 9.04
- Best IM Client For Ubuntu
- Disable Notifications in Ubuntu 9.04
- change the way Ubuntu 9.04 notifies you of updates
- Why is hating Ubuntu popular?
- How-To: Enable Last.fm Song Submission in CMus
- Xmind: Best Mind Maping Software For Ubuntu
- Ubuntu: Jaunty isn’t Pretty
- My first trial with Ubuntu - Hopeless
- 25 Ubuntu related sites that you can’t afford to miss
Over time K3b got its reputation as one of the most powerful burning applications not only for KDE, but for Linux in general. This short guide will list several easy steps you need to follow in order to compile and install K3b from source.
This tutorial shows how to set up an Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (Ubuntu 9.04) server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server, Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Courier POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, etc.
1. Using UNetbootin (for Windows and Linux)
2. Using Win32 Image Writer (Windows only)
3. Using usb-imagewriter (Ubuntu Only)
4. Using Diskutil (Mac OS X only)
Read the full story, here.
- Jon "Maddog" Hall @ LinuxFest Northwest
- last - See any user login history
- The Linux Action Show! Season 10 Episode 3
- How to Install Java in Ubuntu 9.04
- new boxee version for Ubuntu, update for Mac and Apple TV
- users, who - Display who is logged in your system
- How To Install Google Gears on 64-bit Linux
- Windows 7 RC Arriving Just In Time To Compare To Ubuntu
- More Funny Applications Errors
- Netbooks: Best of the Best
- E17 now available in Entropy
- What Does Linux Benchmarking Look Like?
- New Unigine Project Will Work On Linux
- Screensavers of Death
- Code Project: Build an Ncurses UI with Python
- Humor: Famous Geeks Make Babies With Hollywood Celebrities
keithp.com: This week, we finished up our 2009 Q1 release of the Intel driver. Most of the effort for this quarter has been to stabilize the recent work, focusing on serious bugs and testing as many combinations as we could manage.
meandubuntu.wordpress: I got into a discussion on IRC the other day with a mono supporter. One of the things that came up on a tangent was Moonlight, Novell’s implementation of Microsoft’s weapon-of-hope against Adobe’s Flash.
netbookchoice.com: GeunSik Lim, a Samsung software developer specialising in embedded Linux system design, has compared the netbook boot times for several Linux-based operating systems to see which was fastest.
d0od.blogspot: Display album art (and lyrics!) for your playing tracks right on your desktop! Installation is simple, and I'll guide you through making a launcher for it too!
freesoftwaremagazine.com: Recently, I had to fact-check some older articles I wrote about One Laptop Per Child in order to bring them up to date. This meant digging through the controversy in 2008, and what I found was some pretty appalling human behavior.
- Full Circle magazine - issue 24 released to an unsuspecting public
- Ubuntu 9.04 Review - Desktop Emphasis on the Jaunty Jackalope
- Jaunty Boots 32% Faster on the MSI Wind
- Ubuntu 9.04 Review
- Ubuntu is for spinners
- Kudos to Ubuntu for a great upgrade experience
- Top 10 Ubuntu Downloads
dedoimedo.com: No matter which operating system you want to have installed on your machine, there's one thing they all have in common: partitions. Being able to control the partitions is one of the most basic, most important aspects of mastering your operating system.
blog.hydrasystemsllc: Recently I have been reading articles about the new Btrfs and its benchmarks for the Linux kernel. I have also been reading other articles relating to file system maintenance.