- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
- Amarok 2.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty
- Create drag-and-drop CD .iso image burning in Ubuntu
- Media Codecs and Proprietary Drivers in Fedora
- Use the Windows Key for Start menu on Ubuntu
- Share Your Internet Connection
- Great themes for Ubuntu 9.04
- creating your own linux live cd from scratch
- VMware Tricks
- How to Cut/Split Video using Avidemux
- How to make my Ubuntu detect more than 4GB memory
- Repairing Ubuntu 9.04 DNS
- How to Backup And Install Your Linux Applications With AptOnCD
- HOWTO: Change VNCs Listen Port # in Ubuntu
geekdeck.wordpress: This is not yet another article about yet another Linux distribution with arguments about how great it is compared to other popular ones out there. Instead, I’d like to tell you about a couple of nice features I came to grow very fond of.
blog.reevestech.net: I never thought I’d be switching to Ubuntu — but I can’t believe how painless this Ubuntu 9.04 install just was.
oneandoneis2.org: So well done, Microsoft! You've released a browser that deletes a system file it shouldn't even LOOK at! That's true creativity, that is. Utter morons.
workswithu.com: Improving boot time has been a focus of Ubuntu developers in recent releases, with the goal of a ten-second startup set for Ubuntu 10.4. To test progress thus far, I compared boot performance for Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and 9.10.
openbytes.wordpress: I recently saw a twit from user stephenlrose , allegedly a “Sr Community Mgr for Windows (IT Pros)” and asked him the question Openbytes has been asking for many months and never recieved a proper reply.
associatedcontent.com: I remember when KDE 4 was first being developed and the buzz was crazyness. My question is what happened, it seems to me that it came out and no one really cared.
toolbox.com/blogs: This was a question asked by a programmer friend of mine who has a passion for wooden spoons. It is however, a very important question and has been asked several times.
on-disk.com: Fedora lives and breathes the 4 Fs: Freedom, Friends, Features, First. They have a very good rendering of these core principals at the Fedora Project Website, but my experiences are a bit more personal.
junauza.com: You may have read our collection of mythical and humorous facts about Linus Torvalds. This time around, we will give tribute to another living legend by the name of Richard M. Stallman.
daniweb.com/blogs: Back in October '08, I wrote "5 Things I Wish Linux Had" but never realized that it would inspire the heated debate that it did. Amongst the fray of negativity, a new distro was born: Xenon.
softpedia.com: Four days ago, on June 9th, Fedora fans once again rejoiced as their favorite operating system reached a new version. Fedora 11, or Leonidas, is available for 32 and 64 processor architectures on single Live CD formats or Install DVDs.
- Chinese Linux distro taps new Qt SDK
- Improved Installation Summary in Zypper
- Going to OpenOffice, Step 1 Unfreezing
- TurboGears 2 and Gentoo
- Opera Will Reinvent The Internet On June 16
- Why Software is not treated fairly
- Android Scripting Environment Adds More Power to Google Phone
- Dell and the SMB open source paradox
- mrepo: RPM Repository Mirroring
- More reasons to love Linux
- KPhotoAlbum - now open for new contributions
- My new MSI Wind U110 Netbook
- How to Install Tuxonice in Ubuntu
- Fedora 11
- Pandora’s Linux Box
- Amarok 1.4 RPMs for Fedora 11
- Find Symbolic Links
- CAOS Theory Podcast 2009.06.12
- KWin vs Firefox
- BEL Project: The Small Business and Schools "One Stop Shop" to adopting Linux
- Use Empathy To Use Google Talk In Ubuntu
- ZumoDrive's Cloud Storage and its New Linux Client
- Fixing Your Servers From the Middle of Muddy Fields
- Dutch government using Drupal
- Install Rockbox on your Sansa Fuze
- Why I hate non-Free software
linuxtoday.com: The FOSS ecosystem is messy. There are thousands upon thousands of projects, from slapdash learning attempts to high-polished commercially-supported applications. There is redundancy and overlap. All of this splendid chaotic ferment is exactly what makes FOSS so strong.
jonobacon.org: The Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is an opportunity to bring the best of two great worlds together by showing off high quality Free Culture content in Ubuntu.
linux.com: I have been working with the Plug Computer for a while now and have first hand experience with the diminutive size of the current crop of nano Linux machines. The latest Compulab Fit-PC2 offering carries on that fine tradition of micro-miniaturization.
- Palm Pre Is Beautiful to See and Use
- Palm Pre runs Doom, smartphone-loving space marines rejoyce
- My top 5 wish list for the Palm Pre
- Is our love for Palm clouding our Pre judgement?
- Palm Centro and Linux
- Advanced Firefox Configuration
- 11 million downloads in 3 days
- Top 6 Firefox Add-ons For The Movie Freak
- Asa Dotzler on The History of Firefox Extensions
- Why Mozilla could beat IE in a European ground war