- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||some odds & ends:||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 6:40pm|
|Story||today's leftovers:||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 6:47am|
|Story||Red Hat Enterprise Linux: A Rock Solid Desktop Distribution For Companies||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 3:11am|
|Story||LibreOffice 4.1.0 is Here with New Goodies||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 3:09am|
|Story||World’s cheapest computer gets millions tinkering||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 2:24am|
|Story||The open source job market is booming||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 2:22am|
|Story||Wayland, Weston 1.2 Development Statistics||srlinuxx||26/07/2013 - 2:21am|
|Story||Linux shorts||srlinuxx||25/07/2013 - 8:39pm|
|Story||Bloomberg TV: Most of Modern Society Running Linux||srlinuxx||25/07/2013 - 8:34pm|
|Story||antiX 13.1 "Luddite" Review: Superb||srlinuxx||25/07/2013 - 8:31pm|
engadget.com: All work and no play makes Robosapien a dull bot. All work and n0 play makes R0b0sapien a dull bot. All w0rk and no play makes R0101ap1en a dull b0t. A11 w0rk a1d n0 play m01es R0101ap1en a dull b0t. A11 101k 11d n0 p10y m01es R010101e0 a d011 b0t.
it’s that time of month again! This month: command and conquer - The Ins and Outs of Directories, how-to: Create a Separate Home Partition, Create Your Own Server (Part 7), Using GIMP (Part 4), and GRUB 101, and my story - Ubuntu Saves the Day and From Mickey’s ABCs to Kubuntu.
eweek.com: Microsoft is now a major sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation and is putting its protocols and formats into a royalty-free licens, all part of a larger open-source push.
- HOW-TO enable read/write in FAT partition after error
- Howto: Use xplanet for a desktop weather map
- How To Harden Your Linux Server (Debian / Ubuntu)
- Gentoo Prefix: PORTAGE_TMPDIR on NFS solution
- Install “ubuntu netboot remix” menu in hardy heron
- Mixing A Podcast In Ardour - Part 5
- Performance Tuning Best Practices for MySQL
- debian: building custom exim packages
- Lenovo ThinkPad X61t Touch support
- Dpkg Cheat Sheet
- The Sort Command
- Upgrade to the Latest Compiz Fusion Release
- -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p 50 -j ACCEPT
- Bash scripting Tutorial
- Getting that wiki feeling on the desktop, part 3
commandline.org.uk: A few months ago, we looked at Linus Torvalds in his own words, which was surprisingly popular. So following the same approach, what are the top-ten best mailing list posts in the history of free/open source software?
junauza.com: Some Windows users secretly love Linux. They want to use Linux but are too chicken to install it on their hard drive. So, they use a program like Windows Blinds to radically alter the graphical user interface of their Windows desktop and make it look like that of Linux. To prove it, here are some screenshots of Linux secret lovers' desktop.
softpedia.com: I guess all Linux users, especially Ubuntu ones, have used or at least heard about Automatix. Unfortunately, a few months ago, Automatix died. Today we are pleased to announce the Automatix replacement: Ultamatix!
custompc.co.uk: ACPI support automatically broken when Linux is detected on G33M-S motherboard, alleges Ubuntu forums poster
softpedia.com: The third alpha version of the upcoming Ubuntu 8.10 (codename Intrepid Ibex), which is scheduled for release in late October this year, was made available a few minutes ago.
weblog.infoworld: Winners of the SourceForge Community Choice Awards were announced at OSCON today. Best Project: OpenOffice.org. Best Project for the Enterprise:
blogbeebe.blogspot: openSUSE officially announced the start of 11.1's development cycle with a drop of alpha 1. What follows are some quick notes taken after booting into the KDE Live CD version. Note that this is indeed an alpha 1.
eweek.com: The Open Web Foundation launches at OSCON with a focus on keeping open-source community efforts open and unfettered.The effort is backed by individuals and companies such as Facebook, Google and MySpace.
raiden.net: I had the unique opportunity to interview Aaron Fulkerson of MindTouch, and discuss their new MindTouch Deki known as "Kilen Woods". What he had to say was quite interesting.
vivapinkfloyd.blogspot: Listen is a not so widely known audio player written in Python and using the GTK toolkit, with an interface similar to the one of Rhythmbox, and including features like a music library, podcasts support, lyrics fetching, Wikipedia integration, and Last.fm song submission.
- MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
- Foresight Newsletter Volume 2, Issue 1 out
- Gentoo: Portage’s new --jobs feature
- Dell's Ubuntu 8.04 Offering—Technical Details
- More Perl One-Liners for Linux Or Unix
- 2016: "You’re watching the Linux Channel."
- Mark Shuttleworth: Launchpad to be open source in 12 months
- What happens when open source turns out to be better? Much better?
- VIA Appoints An Open-Source Liaison
- openSUSE: Better TabletPC support
- The Open Source Community - Please wait a while…
- Missing 'spam king' kills self, family
- Silber runs Canonical while Shuttleworth runs around (video)
- "Handheld recording studio" mixes with Linux
- Building an HPC Linux cluster has gotten simpler, Beowulf leader says
- Day 30 Without GUI: All Done!
- If wishes were horses.
- The rich irony of Kevin Johnson's departure from Microsoft
zdnet.com.au: The Australian Taxation Office has advised Australians using Apple or Linux operating systems that they will be unable to lodge tax returns electronically using the ATO's e-tax software unless they use a Windows emulator or a kiosk in one of the agency's shop fronts.
geek.com: We’ve covered Ubuntu in the past, first in a rave by RickGeek and recently in a beta preview by Sal Cangeloso. After reading Sal’s impressions back in April, I downloaded the ISO and installed it on a spare machine I had lying around.
blogs.zdnet: Since Fortify released its security study, unleashing the FUD flood, I have been waiting for someone to give it a good fisking. Today we have a winner.
indiatimes.com: As I study some of the thriving new age organisations, I see many of them successfully nurturing , what I call an open source leadership model, an offshoot of the software model. It is changing the rules of the game, and it is proving to be successful. So, what defines an open source leadership model?
eweek.com: Mark Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical Ltd., which maintains the Ubuntu desktop Linux distribution said he doubts Microsoft would file suit against a free software developer unless the software giant wants "war."