- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Finally, a Firefox phone for the rest of us||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 5:58pm|
|Story||Configuring the Kernel||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 7:59am|
|Story||Wayland & Weston 1.2.0 is out||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 7:50am|
|Story||Improve Your PC Gaming by 100% in 5 Minutes||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 7:45am|
|Story||Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 325||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 7:42am|
|Story||The state of FOSS Desktop Environments and Window Managers. Pt 3||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 4:11am|
|Story||20 years after Windows 3.11, Linus unveils “Linux for Workgroups”||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 4:07am|
|Story||Meet Utilite, new Raspberry Pi rival||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 3:51am|
|Story||Ubuntu vs. Debian||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 3:49am|
|Story||Conky Manager get new options & themes||srlinuxx||16/07/2013 - 2:16am|
linux.com: In this context, a one-liner is a set of commands normally joined through a pipe (|). When joined by a pipe, the command on the left passes its output to the command on the right. Simple or complex, you can get useful results from a single line at the bash command prompt.
itwire.com: In my last article I talked about working with shortcuts in Ubuntu Linux. In this article I want to chat about the Linux file system and where you can expect to find things. Once again, I am basing this on Ubuntu Linux.
maketecheasier.com: You can’t really turn a Linux system to a Mac, but you definitely can make your Ubuntu Hardy looks like a Mac OSX Leopard.
bitburners.com: The website DistroWatch.com currently lists 570 Linux distributions in their database. A majority of distros are something that you or I have never heard of, while the top of their list features corporate backed Linux distributions like Ubuntu, openSUSE, RedHat and Mandriva, but also some smaller spin-off projects. But as we go down the list I really have to wonder what do we need all these distributions for?
Also: Too much choice in Linux?
thevarguy.com: At least two “multinational corporations” (translation: Big PC or consumer electronics companies) have agreed to preinstall Ubuntu Netbook Remix edition on forthcoming sub-notebook devices, according to Gerry Carr, a Canonical marketing manager.
redhatmagazine.com: For years I have envied how easy my Windows- and Mac-based peers had it when traveling with their laptops. They connect to hotspots with ease, get online while I was still logging into root and running some tools. It just wasn’t fair. I wanted an integrated easy-to-use tool that did not require bringing up a shell or logging into root.
- The Theory and Practice of the Software Forge
- Learning to Like Ubuntu & Linux
- What Open Source Could Learn From Microsoft
- WoW: The Running Game
- Purge Formatting In OpenOffice
- OpenSSH 5.1 and ASCII Art Fingerprints
- Comparing openSUSE to other Distributions
- Google Gadgets for Linux
- Fedora/RPM packaging
- Panel discusses openness at OSCON
- Why not learn a little language while you work, Amigo?
- Do we need to wipe the slate with x86?
- Anthropological study of the Ubuntu Linux ‘community of practice’
- Fluxbox on Ubuntu beginners guide
- Mixing A Podcast In Ardour - Part 1
- Howto setup DHCP Server and Dynamic DNS with BIND in Debian
- Simple Multiple-Steam Output Redirection With Zsh On Linux and Unix
- Howto Configure IPv6 Tunnel in Ubuntu
- How to install & configure fonts in openSUSE
oreilly.com: Last year I wrote a review of Vector Linux 5.8 Standard for O'Reilly in January. Five months later I decided a new review was in order for Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO because the two weren't based on the same code and the changes were great enough to make the SOHO release seem like an entirely different version from Standard.
practical-tech.com: When you buy a new PC today, unless you hunt down a Linux system or you buy a Mac, you’re pretty much stuck with Vista. Sad, but true. So, when I had to get a new PC in a hurry, the one I bought came pre-infected with Vista Home Premium. Big deal.
polishlinux.org/linux: Linux was filling up the memory. The boot loader was fetching more and more kilobytes of code. Thoughtlessly, without emotion. But what kind of emotions can we expect from a boot loader, honestly? Bit after bit, byte after byte, incoming chunks of code produced within many years of common effort, by many wise folks. They are the soul of the System.
- Kernel space: Full disclosure for security holes
- Kernel log: ath9k driver for new Atheros WLAN chips, discussions of Nvidia drivers
- Proposing Read-Only ZFS
- When Will ZFS Come To Linux?
- Anatomy of Linux loadable kernel modules
mandriva.com: Mandriva and Precedent Technologies ("PTech"), announce a new partnership, working together on the release in September in the United States of a new low-cost desktop, with Intel Atom CPUs and Mandriva Linux preinstalled on these machines.
jamesselvakumar.wordpress: Ever had these questions in your mind..?
- You are a windows user but want to try linux
- You are interested in trying linux but don’t want to ditch windows either
- You want linux and windows in your machine without disturbing each other
zdnet.co.uk/blog: I need to update some information related to a post that I made last week about multiple displays with Linux. In a nutshell, I have a laptop and a port replicator with a display connected to it. That gives rise to three basic "states" for display.
blogs.zdnet.com: The core Apache servers power the web: combining dominant market share with dominant performance and stunning software reliability - and because that combination is unusual, we have to ask why and how?
oooninja.com: The responses to benchmarking multiple versions of OpenOffice.org varied. Common responses were oversimplification of the results and some unrealistic expectations. To put that data into perspective, here is a benchmark for Microsoft Word 95 through 2007.
- Mozilla to release first Firefox 3.1 preview Friday
- Firefox 3.1 Alpha 1 code freeze is on
- about:mozilla - Developer News July 22
- Deleting files from root's trash folder in Ubuntu
- Sharing folders between Windows and Linux
- Part 2: Building a Secure & Redundant Intranet Server With Gentoo - Apache - PHP5 - MySQL
- Linux tools to convert file formats
- How to install microdia on debian and ubuntu based
- Nautilus Tips and Tricks
- Setting up Rails Development Environment on Ubuntu GNU/Linux
- How To Find Hard Disk Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) Speed From A Shell Prompt
- Test Drive Adobe Flash Player 10 Beta 2 in Ubuntu
junauza.com: If you are Bill Gates or Linus Torvalds, it is totally understandable to have an ego the size of the biggest planet. The two has been known to make comments that will forever keep the geek pride alive. If you want proof, just read the following quotes.