- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
mdzlog.wordpress: Leading up to the Ubuntu 8.10 release, Ubuntu developers and quality assurance engineers have been very busy sorting bugs, deciding what can and should be fixed for the final release, and what cannot. They make these decisions by estimating the importance of each bug, identifying whether it is a regression, assessing the risk of potential fixes, and by applying their best judgement.
What is a "cloud" application? It’s any application that has the power of a desktop (as in installed locally to your computer) app - except it’s all on the web. You probably use cloud apps already. But this is about Photoshop, except this one is free - and it’s still Photoshop.
The latest and full featured version of OpenOffice.org 3.0 is now available through Ulteo.com using a web browser with a single click of a mouse. No download or installation process of the productivity suite is required.
itwire.com: Windows Vista gets a bad rap for its hefty hardware requirements, but it's not alone. Apple's MacOS X platform has left a lot of Macs with PowerPC G3, G4 and G5 chips out in the cold. However, Linux isn't just for the Intel set; here’s how Ubuntu to can bring new life to your old Mac too.
scottnesbitt.net: I don’t know how many ways you can create PDF files in Linux. Most applications let you save documents directly to PDF, and you can convert files to PDF quite easily. But manipulating those PDFs is a bit trickier.
blog.ibeentoubuntu: If you take a trip to System > Preferences > About Me, you'll notice a place for all your personal information. It's probably completely empty. You've probably never visited there before. Why would you? It's not used for anything ....
- Get a Linux-powered HP netbook for $299 shipped
- Ubuntu Server Or Desktop? Some Tips For Making The Right Pick
- Converting Videos For The Android T-Mobile G1 Phone With Linux
- about:mozilla 10/28
- Linux: The Latest MF Operating System?
- aseigo: When to Backport?
- Properties For RandR 1.3 Discussed Again
- Goodbye Fedora and Welcome Ubuntu!
- Is Canonical overly paternalistic with Ubuntu?
- New KTorrent version plugs security vulnerabilities
- When Slackware was still an option to me...
- Installing Gentoo Linux on PS3 - part I
- Walmart MP3 hits 74 cents, gains Linux & Mac support
- How to Enable Facebook Chat for Pidgin in Ubuntu
- Ontario LinuxFest 2008
- Reconstructor: When You Lose Your Restore CD
- First Look: Ubuntu 8.10 Beta
polishlinux.org: DigiKam is an application to manage your digital photos professionally, with a claim of: “Manage your photographs like a professional, with the power of Open Source”.
makeuseof.com: If you are a Windows or Mac user, you will be familiar with Windows Media Center or Front Row that both have the ability to turn your computer into a Media Center PC. Linux users don’t have such luck as most distros do not come with a media center application pre-installed.
linuxplanet.com: It is time to take a break from Linux commands and have some fun playing computer games. Luckily, the open source software community offers many gaming and educational choices among the other applications.
Here's a nice Linux command line Twitter and FriendFeed tip.
yabblog.com: Have you ever wondered who are the people behind Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware,..? Stop wondering and have a look at faces behind popular Linux Distros.
Mandriva's Adam W: Canonical is a privately-held company. It has no external shareholders and is not listed on any stock exchange. This means it has no legal obligation to provide any information to the public about its assets, liabilities, revenues, costs, or anything at all along those lines.
tgdaily.com: Today, hard core Linux users were able to view for the first time some of nifty GUI features in Microsoft's next generation desktop operation system - Windows 7. The only significant feature Linux doesn't already include natively in its many free versions is multi-touch.
- How to listen to your XM Radio on OpenSUSE 11, the "easy" way
- Share Ubuntu folders with Windows (samba)
- Manipulating CD/DVD images with AcetoneISO2
- Bash: Piping to a Shell Script
- Use DropBox to seamlessly sync files
- Ubuntu: Change Sensitivity of the Synaptics Touchpad
- Setup a Rsync server on Gentoo
- Audacity Tutorial part 2 – applying effects
- 50+ Resources For Your Linux Setup/Desktop/Machine/Brain
kevincarmony.blogspot: As many of you know, I have used my blog as a resource to bring to light the questionable actions of Michael Robertson, and to go public with his treatment of employees and shareholders. Today I was served with a lawsuit by Michael Robertson in an effort to obscure my blog and impede my freedom of speech.
pindablog.wordpress: You might have seen the screencast about extenders in the commit-digest of a couple of weeks ago. While not much features have been added since, I have applied quite some polish. Not only in the form of bugfixes, but also in the form of a fresh new look, designed by Pinheiro.
- Windows 7: A First Look
- First look at Windows 7's User Interface
- Windows 7: Official screenshots
- First look: Windows 7 takes on Apple
- Windows 7 Screenshots
- Is open source old news?
- Help me! I use Open Source
- Hard questions at the heart of open source security
- The 10 lamest Firefox add-ons
- FireFox 3 Add-ons Recommendation List
- Firefox Add-ons - Manage browser add-ons in centralized manner