- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Operating System U||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:46pm|
|Story||Backup Your PC with Clonezilla Live 2.2.4-1||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:32pm|
|Story||Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:29pm|
|Story||GNOME DOCUMENTATION VIDEO IS OUT||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:14pm|
|Story||Qt Creator 3.2 Officially Released||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:11pm|
|Story||Unity adds native Android support for x86||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:07pm|
|Story||Wine Announcement||Rianne Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 8:03pm|
|Story||An update on Plasma Addons||Roy Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 7:23pm|
|Story||Motorola frenzy with up to 9 devices possibly launching at ‘Moto Launch Exprience’||Roy Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 7:06pm|
|Story||Most popular open-source cloud projects of 2014||Roy Schestowitz||22/08/2014 - 6:59pm|
infoworld.com: Lines are beginning to blur between the open source and commercial versions of the Sun Microsystems Solaris Unix operating system.
itwire.com: What is the true market share for Linux? A: Depends who you ask! You can find desktop penetration of 1%, 2% and 4% - and a server share right up to 46%!
networkworld.com: Ubuntu 9.0.4 Desktop, nicknamed Jaunty Jackalope, is likely to continue the Mac-like cult following for Canonical's Debian-based Linux distribution. But there's not a lot new here.
workswithu.com: The old debate about lack of standardization among different Linux platforms flared up on Slashdot this weekend. It’s a complicated topic, with complex arguments both for and against greater consolidation among Linux programming interfaces and distributions.
itwire.com: Developer Tim Chase, who describes himself as "a genetic geek", has created a package called Mononono which creates explicit conflicts with core Mono packages.
openbytes.wordpress: Whilst Ubuntu is a great distro offering “out of the box” support, there is so much more to Linux and Linux != Ubuntu!
ghacks.net: So you went ahead and purchased that System 76 laptop or you decided to finally install Linux on your laptop. You now have a Linux based laptop with a webcam. But how do you take advantage of this hardware?
Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #144 for the week May 24th - May 31st, 2009 is available.
- How to control a computer remotely using Gnome vnc server
- 11 Free Linux Remote Display Software
- 915resolution with built-in uvesafb
- 5 keys that work in Windows and Ubuntu 9.04
- “Because humans need Oxygen.”
- More on static analysis with gcc - meet dehydra
- Kids in 26 schools get laptops
- Open Government: the Latest Member of the Open Family
pclinuxos2007.blogspot: It's a peculiar world of computing where some say Linux is ready to replace Windows on the Desktop. They consider Linux is better than Windows. So, what's holding the Tux back?
phoronix.com: A new release of Blender, the immensely popular open-source 3D modeling software, is now available. This is not the much-anticipated Blender 2.5 release, but instead version 2.49.
linux.com: Ubuntu GNU/Linux Long Term Support which are the Ubuntu GNU/Linux versions that are supported for three years for desktop versions and five years for server versions.
This tutorial shows how you can set up a Linux Mint 7 (Gloria) desktop that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all the software that people need to do the things they do on their Windows desktops.
- Acer Aspire One D150 - Mini-review and Ubuntu 9.04 install
- Build Your Own Linux Ubuntu Supercomputer For Under $350
- Linux Surge Looms as Threat to Microsoft
- Linux vendors trumpet cost savings
- GNOME Power Manager unstableness
- Adventures in Compiling
- TDS Telecommunications Corp. donates bandwidth worth $1.4 million to OSU Open Source Lab
- Computer Language Trends in 2009
- Managing Cloud Environments with Landscape in Ubuntu
- How Open Source Will Save the World (Really)
- Linux can do video editing too
- inter-linux migration: From Ubuntu to Opensuse
- Reset MySQL root password on Ubuntu
- Nine new Ubuntu users converted today
- migrating from fluxbox 1.0.0 to 1.1.X
- Richard Stallman Honorary Degree Recipient
- Microsoft cannot be trusted!
- Command Line Basics: Create Custom Commands with Alias
- 3 Things You Might Not Like About Ubuntu
- 6 Linux Distros that can save your old hardware
Today, Hacao Linux 4.21 Pro release.
1. Hacao 4.21 standard (119M): Unicode support, Unikey, Font, Stardict,...
2. Hacao 4.21 Pro (319M): OpenOffice, Skype video, Gimp, Wine, Stardict,....
- OpenSolaris 2009.06 Coming Out Monday
- New Yo! Frankie Vid
- ATI Catalyst Display Driver 9.5
- Cost of my Linux system vs Mac System
- More Details on Ubuntu One Integration
- FLOSS Weekly 71: Fedora
- Become a Command Line Commando
- 10 Unknown but Useful Linux Terminal Commands
- Install Readair In Ubuntu
- How to open .mht files in Firefox on Linux
- Encrypting and decrypting files from command line with gpg
- Connect to MSSQL with PHP on Fedora 10
linuxtoday.com: I had one of those blinding brainflashes, the kind that left me wondering how could I have been such a blind beetle all these years, after reading the Freeform Dynamics report, Linux on the Desktop: Lessons from mainstream business adoption.
jcornuz.wordpress: Converting digital images to B&W is a bit like the Swiss fondue recipe: everyone has a different version and each person is convinced to have the best.