- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Linux job market heats up||Rianne Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 6:51pm|
|Story||Ubuntu phones arriving in 2014 from Meizu and BQ Readers||Rianne Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 6:38pm|
|Story||Red Hat Increases its Focus on OpenStack Partnerships||Rianne Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 6:29pm|
|Story||BitTorrent's revamped Android apps let you download just the files you want||Rianne Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 6:20pm|
|Story||Today in Techrights||Roy Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 2:01pm|
|Story||Great News for Start of the Week: The H is Back!||Roy Schestowitz||5||19/02/2014 - 1:49pm|
|Story||Leftovers: Screenshots||Roy Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 1:47pm|
|Story||The quest for the perfect Twitter client on Linux||Roy Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 8:55am|
|Story||A Nicely-Built 40-Core Raspberry Pi Cluster||Roy Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 8:38am|
|Story||Classic Desktops, KDE Changes, and Photoshop||Rianne Schestowitz||19/02/2014 - 8:37am|
blog.beplacid.net: I’m a long time user, advocate and all-round fan of Linux. In particular, I’ve used Debian or variant distributions and have never had any major issues. But of curiosity I thought I’d try out Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex for good measure. To my surprise
linuxcanuck.wordpress: So Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has stuck it to the open source community, yet again. They have shut us out of Hotmail. Yawn. Like, who cares? Yet, to some people they see this as one more sign that Microsoft is out to get us. “The sky is falling!
less than 2 days after playing with linux/ubuntu...
newlinuxuser.com: The quest for an awesome music player happens every so often. I’ve gotten used to Rhythmbox but it has no equalizer =_= I’ve been frustrated with how my music sounds. Exaile has come to my rescue!
helpforlinux.blogspot: Last time you read "7 Shit Ass Reasons for Using Linux" now here are "10 Lamest Reasons For Giving Up On Linux! "
blogs.computerworld: Linux-Watch has reported that at least one Linux user was unable to use the newly redesigned Windows Live Hotmail. However, a closer look reveals that the problem isn't with Linux and Hotmail's interoperability, but with how Hotmail handles browsers.
kdedevelopers.org: KDE 4.2 is approaching its first Beta release and it has been a while so here is a new KDE Four Live release with KDE 4.1.72 snapshot SUSE packages from the KDE:KDE4:UNSTABLE:Desktop repository.
scienceblogs.com: Your computer probably boots with grub, and in a grub configuration file, there is a "timeout" value that you can reduce. It is not recommended that you let it be less than 2, but if it is three or more, go ahead and change it.*
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to install Xen on a CentOS 5.2 system. Xen lets you create guest operating systems (*nix operating systems like Linux and FreeBSD), so called virtual machines or domUs, under a host operating system (dom0).
ujjwollamichhane.blogspot: Fedora 10 offers some nice new features, including the new Plymouth graphical boot system, a new version of Network Manager with improved support for 3G connectivity, better printing support, and lots of virtualization improvements.
techradar.com: The most recent official count of Linux distros put the number at 'one hell of a lot'.This is good because it gives us plenty of choice. Maybe it can feel as if there's a little too much choice at times.
newsday.com: Ever wonder how much money you could save on computing if you put your mind to it? PCs and Macs can be fabulously expensive if you want peak performance and bells and whistles. But a fairly modest investment is good enough for the basics of Internet and office applications.
- Dell Mini 9 - Review
- My students using the Asus Eee PC
- Apt-P2P: peer-to-peer downloading of Debian packages
- How I kicked the Mac habit - with Ubuntu
- Mandriva 2009 - Review
- Which Linux Superhero Are You?
- Crysis Wars Linux Server Released
- Ubuntu 8.10: In-Depth Look
- Unix And Linux Humor - Cult Satire
- How to open and close the CD DVD tray
- Ubuntu Linux: Watch and Play BBC & YouTube
- Aaron Seigo: What will be 4.2
- In Depth: Fedora 10 Preview
- CAOS Theory Podcast 2008.11.07
- Fix Unresponsive or Frozen Linux Computers using Shortcuts
- Ask Linux.com: Historical Linux, hardware for tomorrow
- Check Your Mysql Server Performance with MySQLTuner
- Stable kernel 184.108.40.206
- All Linux Distro’s Links/Online Guides/Forums
- SSH Password Tripwire
- USB-Creator: a great new tool in Ubuntu’s arsenal
- arrow keys not working with vmware
- Intel Pushes Out New GEM, KMS Patches
- Stupefying Linux and Unix Humor
- OpenSolaris 2008.11 on Ubuntu 8.10 using Sun xVM VirtualBox
nothingbutsoftware.com: Blender is a free 3D graphics application. It can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water simulations, skinning,animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications.
bushweed.blogspot: On my default KDE 4.1.x ( unstable ) install, mounting DVDs or CDs has never worked. Tonight i decided to find out why.
opensuse.org: Issue #45 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out. In this week’s issue: Lukas Ocilka: YaST-Mascot Contest-How to submit your ideas, openSUSE News: OpenOffice.org Fix for openSUSE 11.1 Beta 4, and openSUSE 11.1-Plasma-Desktop-Toolbox.
- Taking a Break with Ubuntu 8.1
- Ubuntu 8.10 does away with xorg.conf
- Ubuntu 8.10: Success
- Intrepid Ibex aka Ubuntu 8.10
- Using UNetbootin To Get Puppy On A Stick
- Secure Delete in nautilus menu ( gnome )
- New Amarok Scripted Services Tutorial
- 5 Things to Do Before Upgrade to Ubuntu Linux Intrepid
- Fedora Classroom sessions start today
- Installing broadcom wireless in ubuntu
- HOWTO: 96.43.09, graphics fully working in Ubuntu 8.10
- Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Tips
- Install Emerald 3D themes and make it active on Ubuntu
- Install and Run Ubuntu on VMWare Player
- Playing with (.exe) files in Ubuntu..