- Latest Headlines
- Recent comments
- All-Time Popular Stories
- Hot Topics
- Latest Members
|Story||Valve promises three announcements this week||srlinuxx||23/09/2013 - 11:40pm|
|Story||some odds & ends:||srlinuxx||23/09/2013 - 10:17pm|
|Story||DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 526||srlinuxx||23/09/2013 - 12:40pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||20/09/2013 - 4:52pm|
|Story||openSUSE 13.1 Beta Released with Btrfs Testing||srlinuxx||20/09/2013 - 4:05am|
|Story||Linux kernel luminaries talk enterprise||srlinuxx||19/09/2013 - 11:55pm|
|Story||some leftovers:||srlinuxx||19/09/2013 - 1:59pm|
|Story||Linus Torvalds Talks Linux Development at LinuxCon||srlinuxx||18/09/2013 - 9:08pm|
|Story||Open source to bridge the global digital divide||srlinuxx||18/09/2013 - 9:06pm|
|Story||Slackware 14.1 on Its Way||srlinuxx||18/09/2013 - 9:05pm|
- The Hacker Test: More Linux and Unix Humor
- Freezy Linux is a free, easy-to-use Linux-based operating system
- Zimbra Adds Support for Ubuntu 8.04
- The Origins of Linux - Linus Torvalds
lazytechguy.com: Blogsphere and forums are full of post saying that hardy is much more buggy than Gutsy or any other previous release. Come on this is a LTS release, how can this be so buggy ? Lets take a look at some of the posts
- Short Tip: Compare revisions with SVN
- How to split screen your command line
- Installing and Running sendmail in Red Hat Linux
- How I repaired a corrupted grub menu.lst config file
- Using more than 4 GB RAM on Debian etch 32bit
- How to Enable extra compiz fusion effects in Mandriva Linux
- Compile the Kernel on Debian etch
- Blackberry tethering in Mandriva with barry-ppp
blogs.sun.com: Down in Argentina I grabbed some time with Steve McIntyre, Debian's 11th project leader since its founding 15 years ago. Steve has been on the job since April of this year and I checked in to see how it was going.
snemir.blogspot: With a short break between the classes, I decided to try to install Ubuntu and Fedora Core 9 on my laptop to compare the two...
techbrave.com: Lots of distributions, of course using Linux is nightmare for the windows users and selecting the right distribution is a much greater nightmare, thousands of distros to choose from. And the best way is to look for the distribution that suits you the most. Here are some of the top linux distros.
techgyaan.org: I want to know what is the top 10 of Ubuntu-based Linux Distributions shown in the following list. VnTutor Blog help me really to explore Ubuntu World. Heads up to VnTutor
mepis.org: Anti and MEPIS announce the release of antiX MEPIS 7.5, "Toussaint Louverture." New features based on community contributions are led by the antiX Control Centre, which provides a single handy place for managing desktop, system, network, and hardware.
junauza.com: KDE, GNOME, and Xfce are without doubt the most well-known desktop environments for Linux at the moment. They are utilized by majority of Linux Distributions simply because they are very much stable and usable. But did you know that there are other capable Free and Open-source desktop environments that you probably haven’t heard of?
- Learning Linux Chmod Using Numbers
- Linux - Getting the Correct Time
- BASH: Prepend A Text / Lines To a File
- How to set Virtual Box in Full screen Mode?
- Optimizing the Ubuntu Boot Process
- Mint Linux, working straight out of the box
- Ubuntu 8.04.1 on my Aspire One
- Ubuntu On My Macbook
internetling.com: FOSS is evolving. Computers are getting faster and cheaper. Nowadays, even open source software has a lot of internal competition, and with more processing power, developers are now able to churn out feature-rich applications. But do we need them?
marksitblog.blogspot: I recently purchased a new Dell 1525 laptop running Ubuntu 8.04. I've been in need of a new laptop for about a year, and decided to take the plunge and see how good a Linux based laptop from Dell really is.
lunduke.com: This is just a mockup that someone put together for a possible look and feel for the next Ubuntu release (Intrepid Ibex), which is due out in October. But. Wow. Yes. This is what Ubuntu should look like.
freesoftwaremagazine.com: Garry Saddington is ICT co-ordinator at Skegness Grammar School. The school uses a very wide range of free and open source applications – in fact all of the curriculum requirements are met through free software.
mozillalinks.org: If it’s not rare for you to have 20, 30 or 40 tabs opened at a time, you know how much of a burden it can be to get back to the one you need.
- CentOS position on systems intrusion at Red Hat
- Using Elisa as your Ubuntu media center
- Nessus Vulnerability Scanner in openSUSE
- More Weekend Humor Of The Linux and Unix Variety
- Has the Microsoft-Novell SUSE Certificates Affected Linux Virtualization Support?
- Realizing the Promise of UC with Open Source
- Using GNOME on a Small Screen
- Open Source: The Key to a Software Meritocracy
- OLPC kits out entire nation's kids with laptops
- 9 Tips to Use Apachectl and Httpd like a Power User
- 12 Resources for Free Open Source Tutorials and Tools
- IT needs to retool tech workers for Linux growth
blog.ibeentoubuntu: The video shows the following: The Iceweasel brwser with Flash and Java plugins, The Thunar file manager with XDG directories, and Double-clicking an audio file to play it in MPlayer.
Also: Demo Video of the Gnome Pre-seed
kdedevelopers.org: Next week is feature freeze in Ubuntu land, so we are working hard on filling the distros with the necessary features. We got a new Adept in thanks to the excellent mornfall, so now people can install and upgrade and manage their packages again.