ATI: Linux Driver 8.12.10 released
ATI has released new proprietary linux drivers for their 3D acceleration hardware.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: Intermittent hesitation is no longer noticed while playing Onslaught
- Moving or resizing pseudocolor windows no longer results in corruption being noticed on the desktop
- The name and version number of the X.org server is now detected correctly at runtime.
- Attempting to launch any application while Viewperf 7.1.1 is running in the background, no longer results in the Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 version 2. operating system failing to respond
- 64 bit system with 4 GB or more of system RAM, no longer fails to intialize 3D graphic acceleration
- The ATI FireGL™ V5000 now uses the DDC information correctly and no longer mis-identifies Low Voltage Differential Signal (LVDS) as Transition Minimized Differential Signaling (TMDS)