Language Selection

English French German Italian Portuguese Spanish

7 months with Windows 7 (a response)

Filed under
Microsoft

Today I cam across a post titled seven months with windows 7. I do not agree 100% with it. Let me tell you why.

Before you continue reading, please take a moment to read the original post, as it is needed to understand my response.

"So, what is it about Windows that makes it as good as, or better than Desktop Linux?"

1. "It does not crash" .- Windows 7 has improved a lot specially compared to Vista, but it is also true that Windows XP does not crash either. If properly used. Here is the catch: If you plan to use your computer for a "normal" work, then any O.S. will manage to support the load. On the other hand, if you want to use your computer to experiment (the typical geek) with new applications, then the O.S. will be prone to fail, unless that O.S., is really stable.

2. "It hasn't slowed down over time".-




If you apply common sense principles it makes a fine OS

There is the whole problem right there. Most Windows users don't use a restricted account. They browse everywhere with Internet Exploder and click on anything that is shiny and blinking. I think Windows 7 has just as many holes as every other version of Windows.

RE: If you apply common sense principles it makes a fine OS

poodles wrote:
There is the whole problem right there. Most Windows users don't use a restricted account. They browse everywhere with Internet Exploder and click on anything that is shiny and blinking. I think Windows 7 has just as many holes as every other version of Windows.

Windows 7 users get a restricted account by default. If it had as many holes as other versions of Windows they would have been exploited by now. I never implied in my article that everyone should use Windows, I only implied that it met my specific needs on one computer (out of many that I own at home).

la tee da da

fewt wrote:
poodles wrote:
There is the whole problem right there. Most Windows users don't use a restricted account. They browse everywhere with Internet Exploder and click on anything that is shiny and blinking. I think Windows 7 has just as many holes as every other version of Windows.

Windows 7 users get a restricted account by default. If it had as many holes as other versions of Windows they would have been exploited by now. I never implied in my article that everyone should use Windows, I only implied that it met my specific needs on one computer (out of many that I own at home).

Oh Mr. Big Shot with many computers at home! Well la tee da da. Sucker! You took my troll bait! heh heh

la dee dah

poodles wrote:
fewt wrote:
poodles wrote:
There is the whole problem right there. Most Windows users don't use a restricted account. They browse everywhere with Internet Exploder and click on anything that is shiny and blinking. I think Windows 7 has just as many holes as every other version of Windows.

Windows 7 users get a restricted account by default. If it had as many holes as other versions of Windows they would have been exploited by now. I never implied in my article that everyone should use Windows, I only implied that it met my specific needs on one computer (out of many that I own at home).

Oh Mr. Big Shot with many computers at home! Well la tee da da. Sucker! You took my troll bait! heh heh

no u.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

More in Tux Machines

Leftovers: Gaming

6-Way File-System Comparison On The Linux 4.1 Kernel

With the Linux 4.1 kernel having recently been released, I decided to conduct a fresh round of file-system comparisons on this new kernel using a solid-state drive. The file-systems tested in this article were the in-tree EXT4, Btrfs, XFS, F2FS, ReiserFS, and NILFS2 file-systems while a follow-up article will take a look at the out-of-tree contenders like Reiser4 and ZFS atop Linux 4.1. Read more

Fedora at Phoronix and FUDCon APAC

  • Fedora For MIPS Is Now Out In Testing, Supports The Creator CI20
    In cooperation with Imagination Technologies, the first Fedora image for the MIPS architecture is now out in testing. This initial Fedora 22 MIPS release supports the low-cost MIPS Creator CI20 development board that packs in two 1.2GHz MIPS32 processor cores and PowerVR graphics.
  • Pinos Is For Linux Video What PulseAudio Is For Audio
    Christian Schaller of Red Hat explained in the new blog post, "One of the original goals of Pinos was to provide the same level of advanced hardware handling for Video that PulseAudio provides for Audio. For those of you who has been around for a while you might remember how you once upon a time could only have one application using the sound card at the same time until PulseAudio properly fixed that. Well Pinos will allow you to share your video camera between multiple applications and also provide an easy to use API to do so."
  • Fedora Is Still Looking For A Diversity Advisor
    Back in March there was the announcement of Fedora looking for a diversity advisor as a volunteer position to help promote diversity within this popular Linux distribution. Unfortunately it looks like their initial search didn't yield any suitable applicants so they're back to looking for more people interested in that position.
  • FUDCon APAC 2015 – Summary
  • FUDCon APAC 2015 in Pune
    I had the pleasure to attend my second FUDCon APAC, in Pune, India this time. I arrived the day before the conference at the airport in Bombay where I met Tuan. After four tiring hours, we arrived to Pune and met Kushal.
  • FUDCon, where friends meet

Android Leftovers