Mandriva presents Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring
Mandriva, the leading European publisher of Linux solutions, announces today the launch of the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring.
Quicker, easier and more secure than ever, Mandriva Linux offers new functionalities which revolutionise the desktop.
Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring is the most advanced Linux operating system to date, a genuine concentration of technologies and innovations. It supports a wide panel of hardware configurations, making it a stable base for users. Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring combines simplicity with conviviality in an intuitive, high performing environment. It is the ideal distribution for all users, from the beginner to the most advanced.
Designed to meet users' real needs in terms of security, performance and ergonomy, Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring is everything you ever wanted from an operating system.
« Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring was conceived, produced and tested with our users. We are proud today to present this new version of Mandriva Linux. Ergonomic and fast altogether, Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring is the continuity of previous versions, » explained Arnaud Laprévote, Mandriva CTO.
« Everyone can install a friendly and efficient desktop either at work, at home or even at schools. Mandriva Corporate Server is designed for the professional market, to deploy Linux servers quickly and easily. Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring is built on the fundamentals that made the success of Mandriva namely: easier, safer, accessible to all and innovative. »
Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring offers not only the most advanced and easy-to-use Linux OS on the market but also integrates a list of the most complete softwares.
In a nutshell, Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring, offers:
* a complete, quick-to-install system, comprising all the necessary drivers ;
* 'Smart Desktop', a unique technology, which offers dynamic access to all files by labelling them and grading photos, documents, emails and videos whilst safeguarding personal data through a customised approach. Ginkgo, the new graphical interface for managing data semantics, can create and explore the links between their personal data such as mails, documents, files, Web pages;
* Mandriva Directory Server (MDS), an easy-to-use LDAP directory management solution;
* tools to easily secure the system, parental control is easier than ever and can control the web sites and applications used by children ;
* compatibility with the latest (and oldest) hardware platforms, including netbooks ;
* a panel of applications embracing Office, varied educational software, multimedia …;
* numerous educational and scientific applications such as: Axiom (scientific computing), Jmol (a tool for visualizing molecules), Salome (a generic platform for pre- and post-processing for numerical simulation) ;
* the latest versions of leading Open Source applications: KDE 4.4.3, GNOME 2.30.1, Firefox 3.6.6, Xorg Server 1.7.7 ;
a DVD drive ;
* a wide range of complementary applications in the Powerpack version: audio and video codecs, display with VMware, Adobe suite of drives ...
* Mandriva Linux is a convivial operating system which will adapt to your computer and devices. It will meet all your needs and enable friends to share the experience.
Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring is available in three editions:
- Powerpack (the commercial edition, including exclusive commercial software, support, and services),
- One (a live CD which can also be installed to the system permanently) and,
- Free (an edition which contains only free / open source software).
Pricing and availability
Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2010 Spring can be ordered for download today at the Mandriva Store, or you can buy a Powerpack subscription and download Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2010 Spring today.
Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring Free and One can be downloaded from the Mandriva web site:http://store.mandriva.com/
Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2010 slim pack version (containing just the DVD, no documentation) is available for 59 euros, or US$69.
The Powerpack subscription, allowing Powerpack download access for twelve months (and so covering two Mandriva Linux releases), is available for 69 euros, or US$79.
Mandriva, formerly known as Mandrakesoft, is the publisher of Mandriva Linux, an easy-to-use and innovative operating system. It is one of the most popular Linux editions in the world. Dedicated to making open source technologies accessible to all users, the company offers a full range of products and services to individuals, enterprises and government organizations.
Mandriva products are available online in 80 languages and in more than 140 countries through dedicated channels. Headquartered in Paris, France, the company is publicly traded on the Euronext Marche Libre.
More information at : www.mandriva.com