Pimp my Slack!
I am a KDE fan. Besides the eye-candy, I love the KDE apps. This article is about what I did with my default Slackware install to make it more beautiful. I will be using Slackware 13.0 with vbatts KDE4.3.1 packages.
What changes are we going to make?
1. Change the kicker menu background to slack logo.
2. Change KDM to a beautiful Slackware KDM. [Gloxyslack]
3. Change Kwin to support Aurorae theme Engine.
4. Compile a few nice plasmoids.
5. Change the default lilo.
6. Speed up boot process. [Already covered!]
All these steps are really not that difficult for a slacker to do him/herself. I just wanted to put down what I did so that it helps someone in need of a quick tutorial, plus it’s always good to have everything around together for quick reference.