Screen shots in RPMdrake
I’ve been doing some thinking about what would make Mandriva stand out and also what could help Linux distributions in general. I think that although rpmdrake is pretty good, it has room for improvement. Two features I am thinking of are screenshots of packages that are graphical and ways for end users to provide feedback about packages.
Here, I want to talk about my ideas for screenshots:
Requirements I’ve thought of:
- Stored in srpms and owned by the package maintainer
- Available from the mirrors for the package manager application like rpmdrake
- Ability to be shared by other distributions
- Everyday users able to submit screen shots to package maintainers
- Easy to add to packages
- Multiple screen shots per package, including where multiple packages are created from a single srpm.
- Min/Max resolutions