Foundations of GTK+ Development
Foundations of GTK+ Development is the only book completely dedicated to GTK+ 2 development available, available at Amazon.com for only $32.99. It uses numerous examples to introduce almost every widget available in the library. In this book, you will learn how to:
* Use basic widgets such as windows, buttons, and labels, in addition to many types of container widgets.
* Create custom dialogs and use built-in dialogs for file, font, and color selection. The book also covers GtkAssistant, which was introduced in GTK+ 2.10.
* Use many features provided by GLib including data structures, dynamic modules, memory management, the main loop, and pipes.
* Develop with advanced widgets like GtkTreeView and GtkTextView.
* Dynamically load menus with GtkUIManager, and user interfaces with Libglade.
* Create your own custom widgets, objects, and interfaces.
It is important that you not only learn how to use the widgets in GTK+, but also become proficient at developing with them in full applications. In the last chapter of Foundations of GTK+ Development, five full applications are created that illustrate what you have learned throughout the rest of the book. Below you can view excerpts for two of these applications, and download their source code!
Available as a $25 downloadable ebook.