Calamares 2.3 out now
I’ve just released Calamares 2.3, a feature release with a major focus on disk encryption support (see full release announcement).
Calamares is a distribution-agnostic system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature and support for third party branding and modules. It is used by several distributions, including Netrunner, Manjaro, Tanglu, OpenMandriva, KaOS, Chakra and many others.
QBittorrent 3.3.5 Released – Install on Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint and Fedora
qBittorent is a Bittorent client which is developed to provide free software alternative of utorrent. It’s a Cross platform torrent client which provides the same features on all the major platforms like Linux, Ubuntu, Mac OS X and Windows.
7 Best File Comparison and Difference (Diff) Tools for Linux
While writing program files or normal text files, programmers and writers sometimes want to know the difference between two files or two versions of the same file. When you compare two computer files on Linux, the difference between their contents is called a diff. This description was born out of a reference to the output of diff, the well known Unix command-line file comparison utility.
14 Best IDEs for C++ Programming or Source Code Editors on Linux
C++, an extension of well known C language, is an excellent, powerful and general purpose programming language that offers modern and generic programming features for developing large-scale applications ranging from video games, search engines, other computer software to operating systems.
Calibre 2.61.0 eBook Viewer and Converter Updates Driver for FNAC (BQ) eReaders
Today, July 1, 2016, Calibre developer Kovid Goyal has been happy to announce the general availability of yet another maintenance release for his popular, open-source and cross-platform Calibre ebook library management software.
Coming only one week after the debut of Calibre 2.60, the Calibre 2.61 maintenance update brings only two new features. These are an updated driver with new firmware to allow users to connect their FNAC (BQ) eReader devices, as well as support for automatic removal of all links from a missing resource (the option is available in the Check Book component under Edit Book).
Linux Lite 3.0 is the recently released free operating system based on the Ubuntu LTS (Long Term Support) and hence you can be assured that you’ll get support for the next 5 years. Linux Lite 3.0 offers a complete out of the box experience and it is lightweight, easy and simple to install. One of the main aspects that is being lauded by experts and everyday Linux users is the compactness with which Linux Lite 3.0 has been released. This means you can install Linux Lite and start working with it in less than few minutes.
Reddit: Is it possible to run a full linux os such as Antergos, Ubuntu etc. on Lexar JumpDrive P20 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive ?
Is it possible to run a full linux os such as Antergos, Ubuntu etc. on Lexar JumpDrive P20 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive ?
I would be using it as a daily os for light work, nothing major such as gimp, inkscape etc.
What would be the lifespan of the USB is running daily for OS needs ?submitted by /u/Ibn_Saeed
- Netspeed: GNOME Shell Extension to Monitor Network Speed
- Media Player Indicator: GNOME Shell Extension
- Proxy Switcher: GNOME Shell Extension
- TopIcons Plus: GNOME Shell Extension
- Sticky Notes View: GNOME Shell Extension
- Appkeys: GNOME Shell Extension
- Switch Keyboard Layout Easily in GNOME Shell
- Dash To Dock: GNOME Shell Extension
GNOME Shell Pomodoro Utility
Do you need to manage your work time with Pomodoro technique? Do you use GNOME Shell? Then GNOME Pomodoro by Kamil Prusko is the right utility program for you. Once installed, GNOME Pomodoro will act like an extension and be placed on the top panel so you can control it from GNOME Tweak Tool.
10 ground breaking things that happened at Red Hat Summit 2016
List: Containers, analytics, and a wedding, who said conferences were boring?
CloudBees intros Red Hat DevOps for enterprises
CloudBees has joined forces with Red Hat to offer integrations on its Jenkins Platform, allowing enterprises to build, test and deploy applications.
Containers, IoT and Hybrid Cloud Top Red Hat Summit Announcements
Containers and IoT announcements topped the headlines from this week's Red Hat Summit in San Francisco, which wrapped up Thursday. Here's a look at the news highlights that Red Hat and its partners unveiled during the event.
Red Hat's Massive Opportunity In Hybrid Cloud
Red Hat Inc (NYSE: RHT) has raised its estimate regarding the total addressable market (TAM) for hybrid cloud to $69 million by F2019.
Pacific Crest’s Ben McFadden maintains an Overweight rating on the company, with a price target of $88.
- Jessica McKellar, Preeti Murthy win Red Hat's Open Source Awards
- Red Hat Inc (RHT) Given "Hold" Rating at Jefferies Group
- salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE:CRM) from Application Software – Todays Top Gains
CRN has brought together news from 16 storage companies from the two conferences to provide solution providers with new ideas about how to take advantage of the growing markets for Linux and Docker technologies. Turn the page and get started.
- Realistic English Translation of EPO Announcement About Crushing of Patent Quality
- Great News: The US Supreme Court Shoots Down Software Patents Again
- No Expectation of the US Patent System Getting Fixed Any Time Soon
- A System in Their Back Pockets: Protecting Large Corporations in High-Profile Patent Cases
- The European Patent Organisation’s Administrative Council Helps Benoît Battistelli Destroy Patent Quality for the Sake of ‘Production’
- At the European Patent Organisation the Administrative Council Does Not Care About Staff
- EPO Leak: Administrative Council’s Latest Meeting Report (Updated)
- Goodbye Halo, Hello Revisionism (or How Patent Profiteers Perfume a Terrible SCOTUS Decision That Helps Patent Trolls)
- Links 1/7/2016: Enlightenment 0.21.0, Peppermint 7, New Mint
UbuntuGeek: Nagios Core is an Open Source system and network monitoring application.
eWEEK: The Linux Mint 18 milestone release is the first major update for the popular desktop Linux distribution in 2016 and follows the Linux Mint 17.3 update that debuted in December 2015.
A customized Debian Linux desktop environment with advanced visuals !!!
This is a crashcourse Tutorial that aims to lead through the installation procedure of an advanced Debian Linux desktop-environment using visual effects, which are interacting with the user-interface.