- Verizon Rolls Out Android Security Patch for Galaxy S7
- Secrets Of Android N: The Top Features From Google's Future
- Android Wear 2.0 is not for everyone
- HTC and Huawei Linked With Google's Nexus 2016 Phones: Android N & Daydream VR As Standard?
- Best new icon packs for Android (June 2016)
- Best new Android and iPhone apps (June 7th - June 13th)
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update: Use Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy S6 Global Variant
- Want to play Morrowind natively on Linux using OpenMW? Well it's on sale on GOG
Stardew Valley for Linux should be ready very soon
Considering Ethan Lee (who wasn't picked to port it) already had a working concept using FNA, I am glad the people who were picked to port it won't be taking too long.
CorsixTH, the open source Theme Hospital engine has a major release
CorsixTH 0.60 has been released which features user campaigns, an in-game map editor and more. Really pleased to see it progress as TH is an absolute classic.
Clockwork Empires developer reaffirms Linux support will come one day
I was pretty sad to see that the new game from Gaslamp (developer of Dredmor) Clockwork Empires didn't have a Linux version, but the developer has said again it will.
- Cities: Skylines - Match Day, a free DLC to add a Stadium to your city
- Ballistic Overkill adds Linux support, a pretty good looking online class-based FPS
- Unity3D Is Prepping To Roll Out A Number Of 2D Improvements [Ed: Mono warning.]
- Randa day 0
- Qt 5.7 Is Bringing A New Qt Wayland Compositor API
Qt WebKit Looks To Be Making A Comeback
Within the upstream Qt tool-kit, the WebKit module was dropped in favor of Qt WebEngine that's powered by Google's Chromium "Blink" engine. While Qt WebEngine is still working out well for new development projects, it looks like Qt WebKit is being worked on for a revival.
- KDE neon User Edition 5.6 Screenshot Tour
- Deception Cybersecurity Pioneer illusive networks Adds Linux and Advanced Forensics in Latest Release
- San Antonio’s Infocyte Takes Cybersecurity Threat Hunting to Linux
Lieberman Software Provides Security Automation at Scale for Linux
Lieberman Software Corporation is advancing the security of the Linux enterprise by keeping the privileged attack surface in constant motion on Linux systems. The announcement was made at the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit, where the company is exhibiting this week in booth #719.
Mozilla launches fund to vet open-source software
More and more, developers are using open source tools when building applications and online services because it allows users to openly share and collaborate on code. Because it encourages crowdsourcing and collaboration, open source has opened the doors for amateurs and professionals alike to make better software faster than ever before.
Linux Mint 18 Beta Now Available With Extended Support Until 2021
Ahead of the impending launch of the new Linux Mint 18 operating system next month, its developers have this week released a Linux Mint 18 Beta version for those interested to download and install.
Linux Mint 18 'Sarah' is now in beta, with a final release expected soon
Linux Mint’s 17.x series focused on polish and refinement atop a stable Ubuntu 14.04 LTS base. With Linux Mint 18, the project is upgrading to an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS base. This means a much more modern Linux kernel, newer drivers, and improved hardware support. More hardware should work better, and the software available in the repositories will be much newer.
Linux Mint 18 beta released with new apps, theme, and more
The latest version of Linux Mint is coming soon, but if you want to take it for a spin a bit early, there are now beta version of Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon and Linux Mint 18 MATE available for download.
- Razer's new open-source VR headset mirrors the Oculus Rift, but costs $200 less
- Open Source VR announces its next-gen HDK2 headset for PC
- OSVR Unveils Open Source 2160 X 1200 Dual Display Headset
- Razer Announces $5 Million OSVR Dev Fund to Support Open Source
- Open-source virtual reality headset wants to beat the Oculus Rift
- New OSVR Headset Delivers Rift And Vive Specs For $399
- Razer's new VR headset sounds like a big improvement
- OSVR improves the display on its new developer headset
- OSVR wants its new headset to be a cheaper Oculus Rift
- Razer's $400 HDK 2 VR headset undercuts Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- Razer announces its second OSVR headset and it's a big upgrade
- Razer unveils new $400 VR headset
- Did Razer Just Won the VR War? $399 OSVR Hacker Development Kit
- Razer Announces HDK2 Virtual Reality Headset
- Razer unveils $400 VR headset
- OSVR's HDK 2 Virtual Reality Headset Coming in July for $399
- Oculus Rift gets powerful (and cheaper) rival – Meet Razer's HDK 2
- Razer reveals $400 VR headset to compete with Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- OSVR enters consumer VR market with $400 headset
- Razer taking on Oculus and HTC with new virtual reality headset
- Razer ups the ante in its fight to keep VR open with upgraded HDK2 headset
- Razer announce the Razer HDK2, a VR headset releasing in July
- The OSVR HDK 2: a $400 VR headset with Rift & Vive-like specs
- $399 OSVR virtual reality headset dev kit launches in July
- Razer Unveils New And Improved OSVR HDK 2 At E3 2016, And It's $200 Cheaper Than Oculus Rift
- Razer's OSVR headset gets more bite with a higher-res screen
- Razer unveils new virtual reality headset: The HDK 2
- Razer has shown off a new OSVR Headset
- OSVR Unveils Open Source 2160 X 1200 Dual Display Headset
- The HDK 2 Is Razer's New $399 Virtual Reality Headset
- Razer upgrades its OSVR headset to tackle Rift and Vive a different way
- OSVR Hacker Development Kit 2 eyes Oculus Rift and HTC Vive in July
- Razer Exhibits OSVR HDK2 VR Headset, And $5 Million Developer Fund At E3 2016
- Razer announces new $399.99 VR headset to compete with Rift, Vive
- OSVR HDK2 Brings High-End Display To Budget-Friendly VR; Razer Seeds Dev Incentive Program
- OSVR Announces $399 HDK 2 Headset with 2160x1200 Resolution
- Razer Earmarks $5 Million to Encourage OSVR Content Development
Qt announced a Linux-driven Qt Automotive Suite based on Qt for Device Creation designed for quickly developing IVI and instrument cluster GUIs.
The Qt Company announced that it will soon ship an automotive stack for developing in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) and instrument cluster GUIs. The Qt Automotive Suite combines a new Application Manager and Qt IVI API library with a customized version of Qt Device Creation and hooks to the Qt Creator IDE. There’s also a modified version of Qt Creator with a new “GammaRay” feature.
Technically, since we’re talking about Linux and free/open source software here, there’s nothing stopping someone from cloning the entire repository for a system before it goes offline and then providing that repository as a service to people who still want it. But this is a big undertaking and is something that a casual user of a platform simply isn’t going to do.
In my case, I absolutely would have done this for my N810. I would have cloned the entire repository, including system updates, and hosted it on my server for personal use (and provided it to anyone else who needed it). Would I have ever bothered to update it? Probably not. But I would have had it there for as long as I ran that device. But, alas, I didn’t know the company was killing the entire repository (perhaps I should have expected it, but I didn’t). So, I’m plum out of luck. Plus, I’m weird. Most people would absolutely not clone a repository and self-host it. That's just a crazy thing to do.
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today awarded Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to the TAZ 6, the sixth model in the LulzBot TAZ line of 3D printers by Aleph Objects, Inc., and their 10th product to be awarded RYF certification. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy.
- Stock To Watch: Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT)
- Are Analysts Bearish Red Hat Inc (NYSE:RHT) After Last Week?
- Buy, Sell Or Hold Rating For Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT)?
- Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT) Projections For Share Price Is $88.50
- Traders Attention Alert: ServiceSource International, Inc. (NASDAQ:SREV) , Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT)
- Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT): Sell-Side Estimates for Earnings
- Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT) Stock Declines, Analysts: Buy Rating
- Earnings Trend per share for Investors: Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. (NYSE:HOV)
opensource.com:Pirate Metrics is a simple and effective framework that helps you measure the success of your project at each significant level of user engagement