- What do I do if a slot is not invoked?
- The Experimental ISPConfig Server - Debian Stretch (Apache, MySQL, PHP 7, Pure-FTPD and ISPConfig 3.1)
- Aptly Systemd Socket Activation
- Understanding 7z command switches - part I
- Ethical Hacking on Linux? What is it?
- Installing Fedora on Macbook Air
- How to Change Root Password of MySQL or MariaDB in Linux
- Git Cheatsheet
- Assign Read/Write Access to a User on Specific Directory in Linux
- How To Install Kernel 4.11 RC1 on Ubuntu and Derivatives
- How to Setup Your Own Cloud Server with NextCloud
- Fix Missing Synaptic Search Bar
- How to Reset MySQL or MariaDB Root Password in Linux
- How To Install Kernel 4.9.13 On Your Ubuntu System Now
- Fix VirtualBox 5.1.x Focus Issues On GNOME Desktops (Not Being Able To Move VM Windows In GNOME Shell, Clicking On Indicators In Unity)
- How to extract a .deb file without opening it on Debian or Ubuntu Linux
- How to Upgrade Kernel to Latest Version in Ubuntu
- How To Install Kodi 17.1 “Krypton” RC On Ubuntu
- Restrict SSH User Access to Certain Directory Using Chrooted Jail
- SSH for mere mortals: configuring and using SSH for Linux
- Micro-optimizations matter: preventing 20 million system calls
- [Video] GNU Screen Basic Tutorial
- Ubuntu Linux Remove/Delete PPAs apt-get command
- Two frequently used system calls are ~77% slower on AWS EC2
- AirMouse (MX3)- Disable Power Button (linux)
- /usr/bin/time: not the command you think you know
- dnsmasq as DNS cache server for NextCloudPi and Raspbian
- Dynamic DNS for Raspbian with no-ip.org installer
- Crowdtesting with the Ubuntu community: the case of IPFS
- HP MediaSmart EX475 VGA Port Mod and Linux Install
- How to enable TLS/SSL encryption with Glusterfs storage cluster on Linux
- vim-plug: A beautiful and minimalist vim plugin manager for Unix and Linux users
Despite PC gaming being big business, Linux users have often been left to rot in gaming obscurity. With Triple A publishers favoring operating systems with bigger market shares, gaming on a Linux machine has been underwhelming to say the least. However, this doesn’t mean that gaming is non-existent. In the spirit of open-source software, talented developers have been toiling to create entertaining and engaging games on Linux. Without further ado, here are some of our favorite open-source games you can enjoy on Linux.
This is a short overview to Trisquel 8 Alpha Version operating system. Trisquel is a user-friendly desktop GNU/Linux distro derived from Ubuntu as 100% free software. Trisquel is certified officially by FSF along with gNewSense and Parabola. This 8th version comes with MATE as its user interface, with complete audio/video support in VLC, and a full suite of LibreOffice. Despite being alpha, it has 50000+ packages already in its repository worth to wait for the final. I hope this article can encourage anyone to use 100% free distro and spread it. Enjoy!
I don't donate my time to FOSS, but I donate a little money every now and then.
I have a monthly donation to Mozilla to support Firefox, and have given more sizeable one-shots to Debian, VLC, CherryTree, F-Droid, and two Android privacy-oriented apps (XPrivacy, Netguard, by the same dev).
Additionally, whenever there's a Humble Bundle sale (videogame bundle that gives you the option to give proceeds to a charity), I choose to send 70% of my purchase to the EFF.
I regret not giving to Ubuntu yet, despite it being my distro for the past few years, whether official or subflavor. I should probably fix that right away. (EDIT: done!)
I use the following almost daily but never donated:
- Notepad++ (Windows, but relevant)
- Firefox extensions like Adblock, Self-Destructing Cookies, etc
Are there any software[-freedom] related charities you give to? Are there any you think are more important than people realize?submitted by /u/blamo111
Reddit: Please support this public request asking AMD to release the AMDGPU-PRO vulkan driver as open source.
AMD had promised to release theAMDGPU PRO vulkan driver as open source. Giving linux good open source graphics performance could make linux a more viable solution for gaming. Perhaps instead of completely replacing RADV the release of AMDGPU-PRO could help to optimize RADV ?submitted by /u/tomtomgps