I'm currently working with desktops primarily, and I want to expand my skillset into server admin stuff, so I'm looking for projects to tackle on my own that can help me build experience. I've got LAMP set up and am planning on tackling mail via Postfix and Dovecot next. My question is after that, what should I try to learn how to do? File sharing services? What else could a small business need from a Linux server? Any and all suggestions would be welcome. I'm just looking for a good pointing in the right direction.
Thanks!submitted by mikedao
Open source software in healthcare has been instrumental for sharing common tools and increasing adoption of emerging medical information technology (IT) standards. By leading the effort to digitize health data, imaging informatics has set the precedent for the adoption of the technology industry's best practices and subsequently open source software.
Ford will ditch Microsoft in favor of BlackBerry to power its next-generation infotainment systems, inside sources claim, switching to QNX for increasingly complex car multimedia duties after ongoing criticisms of the current SYNC system. The transition, yet to be officially announced by either Ford or BlackBerry, is said to be a reaction to poor driver feedback of SYNC, as well as the expense involved in using Microsoft's platform.
I noticed a huge pop in my web stats for today and wondered why. The cause was a link on Tux Machines. There was a recent change of ownership. Now Dr. Roy Schestowitz and Rianne Schestowitz seem to be the main authours. In a couple of days they produced a huge number of informative articles mostly links to diverse sites advocating FLOSS and GNU/Linux. I love it.
There has been breakthroughs in sales of Chromebooks, with devices selling well in the inexpensive notebook segment in the US, and widely adopted for educational use through government procurement projects, the sources said. Chromebook shipments in 2014 are expected to increase to 4-5 million units, the sources indicated.
- Many Are Moving to GNU/Linux, So Microsoft is Trying to Make it
- The Increasing Danger of Back Doors in Standards and Binary Blobs
- Microsoft Perception Management Continues at 'New' Slashdot
- Patent Troll Nokia Pretends to Have Real Products by Ripping Off Android
- Sending Letters to Stop Microsoft's Attack on Real Standards in
- Richard Stallman Explains His Account in Identi.ca and Distributed Social Networks
- Netflix Killed the Free Web With DRM, Now Kills Net Neutrality
- Intelligence Abuses: Ombudsman Spied on, Phone Data Sold, Bugging by Media, Espionage, Monarchy, PRISM, Lawsuits...
- Zeitgeist of Human Rights: Dissent and Journalism as Terrorism, Death Penalty for Suspicion, Torture Without Borders
ZDNet: More trial and error attempts to set up multi-boot on my new laptop. Here's what I've learned to date.