While we're most often looking at the OpenGL 3D performance of the Linux graphics drivers, in the tests currently being done of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS vs. Ubuntu 14.10 are also a number of 2D graphics benchmarks. In the article today are our 2D benchmarks between Ubuntu 14.04.1 and Ubuntu 14.10 for various AMD Radeon graphics cards and it shows off significant performance improvements.
- After Infecting Unity — Successfully — Microsoft’s Partner Xamarin Wants to Infect Unreal Engine With .NET
- Reuters Writes About the Demise of Software Patents, But Focuses on ‘Trolls’ and Quotes Lawyers
- Nadella a Liar in Chief at Microsoft, Pretending That His Anti-Competitive Practices Are Unfortunately Imposed on Microsoft
- City of Berlin Does Not Abandon Free Software, It’s Only Tax Authorities
- Taking Microsoft Windows Off the Grid for Damage to Businesses, the Internet, and Banking Systems
- Links 24/10/2014: Microsoft Tax Axed in Italy, Google’s Linux (ChromeOS/Android) Leader Promoted
- Links 24/10/2014: GNU/Linux History, Fedora Delay
- Links 23/10/2014: New *buntu, Benchmarks
- Links 22/10/2014: Chromebooks Surge, NSA Android Endorsement
- Links 21/10/2014: Debian Fork Debate, New GNU IceCat
KDE contributor and graphics designer Ken Vermette has penned an interesting series of KDE "What if..." articles where he talks about (and has some visual mock-ups) about what KDE might look like with client-side decorations along and separately if KDE were to use Windows 10 design components.